Automatic door locking/unlocking

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 07:41 PM
Enthusiast
Default Automatic door locking/unlocking

Receive my 2007 TCH in Sept and have been trying to change the locking/unlocking sequence by following the owners manual. The procedure for unlocking linked with the "POWER" switch does not work according to the manual on pp. 44 under "To select the unlocking linked with the "POWER" switch. Even the dealer was not able to get this to work. Has anyone been able to figure this out? Is there a message on the site that gives the proper procedure. Thanks

Old 10-02-2006, 08:30 PM
Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: Automatic door locking/unlocking

Dear JPO,

Not sure exactly what you are asking, but I assume that you want to change the unlock setting to open all doors at once. If so, here is the excerpt from another thread that gave me the answer that worked for me:

TorontoTCH vbmenu_register("postmenu_90082", true);
TCH-Frosted Mink

Hybrids: Toyota Camry

Re: Smart Key Auto Unlock

According to my Canadian manual page 40, it says" Hold the LOCK, ALARM and TRUCK buttons on the remote together for 5 seconds then release." You should hear 2 beeps after.

Even though this was from the Canadian manual, it worked for me first time.

If this is NOT what you are looking for, please clarify.

Good luck!

Old 10-02-2006, 11:24 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Automatic door locking/unlocking

"To change the locking/unlocking sequence by following the owners manual. The procedure for unlocking linked with the "POWER" switch "

I had trouble with this too. I found that the manual for unlocking was wrong and you had to do the opposite. That is unlocking linked to Power switch, you had to use the sequence for unlocking linked to park position. Turn on, leave in park, hold down unlock button for 5 secs, release...doors will lock unlock to show it took the change.

The directions for locking are correct in the manual it is just the unlocking procedure that is wrong.