Auto Ventshade size

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 03:18 PM
Enthusiast
Default Auto Ventshade size

We just got our 09 TCH and love it. I immediately ordered a set of Auto Ventshades from Amazon but was shocked to see they didn't fit. Is there a size difference between the Hybrid and regular Camry? Or is it a difference between the 07, 08 and 09?

thanks

Old 06-01-2008, 04:10 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Auto Ventshade size

Originally Posted by garykim
We just got our 09 TCH and love it. I immediately ordered a set of Auto Ventshades from Amazon but was shocked to see they didn't fit. Is there a size difference between the Hybrid and regular Camry? Or is it a difference between the 07, 08 and 09?

thanks
I doubt there is a difference between the Hybrid and "regular" Camrys, and I would think the 07, 08 and 09 would be the same. Perhaps they sent you the previous generation Camry Ventshades? That would be 02-06.

Old 06-02-2008, 08:15 PM
Active Enthusiast

the cheapest place to buy an avs bugflector is at autozone. then you can check it out to be sure it fits.

Old 06-06-2008, 07:35 PM
Active Enthusiast

I have also been looking into this

In Canada you can buy a factory option which is installed by the dealer a set of toyota vent visor shades that go into the window channel. They are $185 from the dealer and are available in Canada only. They are a very light smoke with the word "toyota" in red lettering, on each piece.

In the US you can buy external stick on visors also made by vent visor which tape to the outside of the door and have the word "toyota" printed on them. These are tape on the exterior molding around the window and do not fit into the window channel like the canadian toyota part does.

If you do not need the work toyota and want a slightly darker version then you can buy the vent visors in Canada or the US under part number 94425 for around 60 us or canadian dollars.

If you want the non oem version of the Canadian in-channel visor made by vent visor without the toyota emblem or light smoke but a darker tint then you want part number 1994425.

So the difference is 94425 for tape on, or 194425 for in channel visor and all are made by Vent visor regardless of "toyota" badging.

the toyota part number for the US version of the tape on is 00000-94425, I have as of yet to find a partnumber for the "toyota" in channel model.

Cheapest place to buy them shipped to your door is

http://www.svcustoms.com/catalog/Aut...ntvisors.shtml

they run around 54 us shipped, for canadians they are 60 plus tax from Lordco automotive.

don't bother with the guy on ebay I sent him my money and never got the product, filed ebay/paypal complaint to recover funds.

hopes this helps you out

tim

Old 06-08-2008, 04:11 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Check with Weathertech, they should have an in channel ventshade available. they are nice because they do not "tape on". They just flex into the channel and flex out if you wish.

Old 06-13-2008, 04:57 PM
Enthusiast

What is the difference between the 2 shades (color) made by Weathertech - One is smoke tint and the other Dark tint. I am thinking of getting these for my Mag Gray and would like to have the ones that will look better.

Old 06-13-2008, 06:11 PM

I believe the smoke is just a lighter tint. Are your windows tinted? I usually order the smoke for my vehicles since my windows are tinted. It is personal preference. Did you look at the weathertech web site?

Old 06-13-2008, 06:18 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by UWAdventurer
I believe the smoke is just a lighter tint. Are your windows tinted? I usually order the smoke for my vehicles since my windows are tinted. It is personal preference. Did you look at the weathertech web site?
I do not have any tint on any of the windows. Was thinking of getting the Dark tint.

Old 06-15-2008, 08:40 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by UWAdventurer
Check with Weathertech, they should have an in channel ventshade available. they are nice because they do not "tape on". They just flex into the channel and flex out if you wish.
I priced the Weathertechs (same stuff the dealer offered for $148) on the web @ about $95 plus shipping. Are these $40 better than the AVS (Auto Ventshade) units available at Auto Zone for $49? they are in channel design as well, but have a small strip of 3M tape to secure them in the channel. The tape is NOT visible.

Thanks

Old 06-20-2008, 05:16 PM

The only ones i saw at AutoZone were tape onto the paint, so I can't comment. I will not use the tape onto paint type. All I can say is I have had several sets of Weathertech in channel visors and loved them all. I looked on the net and got pretty good prices if you do some serious searching.

Sorry I can't be of more help.