Auto lights off time...

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 12:19 PM
Enthusiast
Default Auto lights off time...

In 'Auto' mode the headlights go off automatically after locking the car after 30 seconds. It says in the manual if you want to shorten that time you have to contact the dealer. Is there an easy way to knock it down to 10 seconds, without having to pay the dealer?

Thanks!

Donald

Old 09-06-2006, 10:03 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Auto lights off time...

I thought this whole time that the lights will stay on even though it's on auto and the car is powered down.

I just turn it on and off manually, cuz I don't like walking away from my car and seeing the headlights still on.

Old 09-07-2006, 11:11 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by donald_s
In 'Auto' mode the headlights go off automatically after locking the car after 30 seconds. It says in the manual if you want to shorten that time you have to contact the dealer. Is there an easy way to knock it down to 10 seconds, without having to pay the dealer?

Thanks!

Donald
The answer is no. The dealer can choose between 30, 60, and 90 seconds for this delay.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
AutoHeadlightDelay.pdf (21.9 KB, 37 views)
Old 09-07-2006, 11:29 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by flopshot
The answer is no. The dealer can choose between 30, 60, and 90 seconds for this delay.
I wonder how the car would behave if this were set to "OFF"? The description says:
Keeps the headlights on for a certain period of time after turning the ignition switch off and closing all the doors with the headlights on.
So if this were "OFF" would the headlights stay on if the ignition swich were turned off and stay on until all of the doors are closed? I'd like it if it worked that way.

Old 09-07-2006, 11:54 AM

I think you are correct. The delay is OFF, therefore the lights will turn off immediately when you shut down the ignition and close the doors.

Old 09-07-2006, 02:40 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Some of you may know this, but if you press "lock" twice on either the door handle or on your key fob, it will turn the lights off immediately, even with lights in "auto" position.

Old 09-07-2006, 03:00 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bmgoodman
Some of you may know this, but if you press "lock" twice on either the door handle or on your key fob, it will turn the lights off immediately, even with lights in "auto" position.
Does this work with the lock on the door handle? The manual only mentions "pushing the lock switch on the electronic key". It would be really convenient if it did!

Old 09-07-2006, 04:33 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks 'Flopshot' for such a definitive answer. I assume that if I wanted to go with 'OFF' it can still only be done by the dealer?

Thanks!

Donald

Old 09-07-2006, 08:58 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dalerb
Does this work with the lock on the door handle? The manual only mentions "pushing the lock switch on the electronic key". It would be really convenient if it did!
To answer my own question: this does not work with the lock on the door handle. Pressing it twice does nothing. Pressing lock on the key fob does turn off the lights, however.

Old 09-07-2006, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by donald_s
Thanks 'Flopshot' for such a definitive answer. I assume that if I wanted to go with 'OFF' it can still only be done by the dealer?

Thanks!

Donald
Yes, the dealer has to program this.

Quick Reply: Auto lights off time...

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands