Audiovox Universal reverse parking sensor

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 12:40 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Audiovox Universal reverse parking sensor

I came across this item at the Crutchfield and Amazon websites and it seemed like the answer to my prayers. It's a bar that attaches to your license plate and has three proximity sensors plus a beeper that signals how close you are to objects behind you. Sounds great Works not so great

CAREFULLY following the instructions after removing the trunk liner (see my 'Save Them Clips' thread) the unit installed beautifully,and looked great on the car; but when it came to working, the unit measured every object as though it was three inches away. I followed all troubleshooting instructions to no avail. So back in the box and back to Amazon it went. Then I had to pay $30 to replace the clips for the trunk liner.

If anyone else wants to try this item, I'll be interested to see a post on your results.