View Poll Results: CamHy Air Conditioning Performance - Non-ECO Mode
Blows Ice - As good as just about any car A/C I've used
76.92%
Works OK - Doesn't seem as cold as other A/Cs I'm used to, but does the job
23.08%
Sub Par - Substantially more time needed to cool the car, I'm a bit disappointed
0%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Arizona or Warm State TCH Owners - How's the A/C?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 03:28 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Arizona or Warm State TCH Owners - How's the A/C?

Pushing 115 F here in the valley of the sun.

Curious to know any feedback from current TCH owners as to A/C performance in full-bore as well as ECO mode.

Old 07-14-2006, 03:43 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Arizona or Warm State TCH Owners - How's the A/C?

I didn't vote, since I'm not from the sun belt, but it's been 90-95 high temps in the last few days. I was a little skeptical, too, with an electric A/C, but ECO mode with the climate control system in AUTO and set for 76 has been plenty. Just to test it I cranked it up to max in manual mode, and it blows as cold as any vehicle I've ever owned. The kids LOVE the rear seat vents, too (didn't have them in our last car).

Old 07-14-2006, 03:45 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

It gets into the low 90s here many days. I left the crappiest AC I've ever owned (1999 VW Passat 1.8T) for what seems to be an excellent model. I can't say it blows ice, because I usually set mine fairly warm (73-76), but it cools the car off very quickly and I have ZERO complaints about it, even in ECO mode.

I guess this poll could have had a few more options.

Old 07-14-2006, 03:57 PM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks for the feedback.

I guess 'blows ice' is a little subjective, but from the sounds of it, nothing seems to be lost on this A/C system.

Old 07-14-2006, 04:04 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

It's been in the high 90's to low 100's the past week driving home on I-15. The AC had no problems keeping up in ECO mode. Very comfortable!

The coldest AC I've had is my F-150. That thing holds 4 lbs of freon and blows 34F air according to the thermometer in the vent. On humid days it blows ice flakes out the vents. The TCH takes slightly longer to get cold, but on max it definitely blows nice and cold.

Old 07-14-2006, 05:28 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

In Virginia we've had some times in the mid-90s this week and humid. I have no complaints at all.

Old 07-14-2006, 05:54 PM
Enthusiast

I'm in San Antonio. I could only complain that it takes a little bit longer to cool the car initially, but once it's cooled off it can even be a bit too cool. I have just had the windows tinted, so I think the problem may be taken care of.

Old 07-14-2006, 07:37 PM
Active Enthusiast

It works fine for me too, I don't normally set it for below 72 degrees. I set the passenger side to 77 or 78 so I don't waste energy cooling that side when nobody's there. I use reflective sunshades in the windshield when I'm parked at work during the day to cut down on the heat coming in.

Old 07-14-2006, 08:10 PM
Active Enthusiast

Here in the Austin TX area (98 to 100+) it has been no problem.

I'd agree that it isn't the fastest to start cooling, but once it is running you'll be reaching for a sweater.

Old 07-15-2006, 09:51 AM
Enthusiast

I'm living in relatively frigid Los Angeles now, but I spent about two weeks in Tucson and Phoenix with my TCH last month and I was VERY happy with the A/C performance.

So if that's what's holding you back, don't let it .

Quick Reply: Arizona or Warm State TCH Owners - How's the A/C?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands