Anyone switch to darker CARPET floor mats?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 01:22 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Anyone switch to darker CARPET floor mats?

In the TCH world, this isn't a big question. But I was wondering how my Ash interior would look with a dark charcoal carpet floor mat, instead of the matching (too-light-in-my-opinion) floor mats. Haven't gotten around to calling Toyota to see if they're available from other non-hybrid Camry models, but I expect they are. Anyone swapped yet? It would be great to worry less about carpet stains showing up.

Old 12-04-2006, 04:44 PM
Keeping Toyota Solvent
Default Re: Anyone switch to darker CARPET floor mats?

Originally Posted by stevenvillatoro
In the TCH world, this isn't a big question. But I was wondering how my Ash interior would look with a dark charcoal carpet floor mat, instead of the matching (too-light-in-my-opinion) floor mats. Haven't gotten around to calling Toyota to see if they're available from other non-hybrid Camry models, but I expect they are. Anyone swapped yet? It would be great to worry less about carpet stains showing up.
OK Steve, I'll put on my serious response hat. I purchased the all weather mats which come in black and they look great so I am sure dark charcoal would look good to.

Old 12-04-2006, 04:52 PM
Beyond AM. Beyond FM.

I had dark charcoal (black, really) in my last vehicle. The only thing you have to worry about there is white lint or beige/brown "dirt" showing in the carpet. I'm surprised how clean my Ash mat looks, but it's only been a 11 days of ownership. I decided to forego all weather mats; I'll just replace the carpet mats in a couple of years and start the process all over.

Old 12-04-2006, 06:11 PM

My ash mats were getting dirty after a very short time this summer. I decided to get the all weather black mats for winter use - I feel much better about these since the never reall get "dirty". If I was in a warmer climate, I would have tired those charcoal mats, myself. You might want to look on eBay for them.

Old 12-08-2006, 11:15 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I have thought about this. i don't quite need the black all weather mats. Mine start to turn a brownish color after a month or so. I use a light spray of Resolve over the mat then take a bath towel and clean them. It has worked good so far and the mats look like new afterwords.

Old 12-09-2006, 10:25 AM
Arrow Re: Anyone switch to darker CARPET floor mats?

The best carpet cleaner I ever found is called "Folex" and I've seen it in Home Depot, among other places. You won't believe how good this stuff works on any stain anywhere. Keep it in mind next time you spill a bottle of red wine (hopefully NOT in your Camry).

Old 12-09-2006, 12:42 PM
DBS
Enthusiast

I put the dark brown all weather mats in my TCH which as the light bisque color. I like it. The light colors show too much for my taste.

Old 12-09-2006, 03:21 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stevenvillatoro
The best carpet cleaner I ever found is called "Folex" and I've seen it in Home Depot, among other places. You won't believe how good this stuff works on any stain anywhere. Keep it in mind next time you spill a bottle of red wine (hopefully NOT in your Camry).
I will try that. Thx