Anyone paying less than MSRP for Camry Hybrids in 2007?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 08:56 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone paying less than MSRP for Camry Hybrids in 2007?

Although I negotiated well in prior car purchases, apparently I didn't
do my research this time. I got 2 quotes in late December during the
"Toyotathon" blitz, checked KBB & Edmund's, & ended up paying
essentially MSRP ($30909 with LA,CQ,NV,CF,SR) plus $850 for a 7 yr/75,000 Platinum warranty. The salesman generously threw in 2 oil changes in addition to the initial free one. At least I'll get a $1300 tax credit. Now I'm gonna stop beating myself up, enjoy the car, & get 'em next time!

Old 04-18-2007, 07:44 AM
Enthusiast

$3000 off list of $31400

Rochester, NY

Old 04-21-2007, 04:50 PM
tjq
Active Enthusiast

MSRP was over 27k. Got standard/basic TCH as wanted. Ended up final price under 24k but took time with a round and round with sales man, who told me (hear this before?) have to get the sales manager clique. Less time with manager, he let me have it for my offer, then showed him 250 off coupon and it was honored. Did take a while and naturally worth it price wise but will remember the time element on next purchase.
Just an average consumer here, trying my best.

Old 04-22-2007, 09:45 AM
tjq
Active Enthusiast

Wonder if anyone has made a similar deal/trade.? Went to dealer, negotiated price, no trade in at the time for me. They called me back with a lowered price due to finding a rebate. Went to dealer ship and told them price now acceptable but changed my mind on trading in the car. They made a decent offer on my trade in.

They did not have 2 sets of figures at one time in the beginning negotiating process. Found out what my trade in was really worth. No one gets a vehicle without dealer making some profit unless they made an error.

We all make our own best tries in negotiation as consumers.

Old 04-22-2007, 09:34 PM
Enthusiast

Got the 50th annv. model for 29.600, which was less than msrp and that was not so easy as most dealers were trying the "they on made a limited run of these" on me.

Old 04-25-2007, 10:22 AM
Enthusiast
Smile Re: Anyone paying less than MSRP for Camry Hybrids in 2007?

Thompson Toyota; Doylestown PA.

MSRP $30,929.

Price paid $28,507. Dealer cost

Old 04-25-2007, 10:28 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sraubens
Thompson Toyota; Doylestown PA.

MSRP $30,929.

Price paid $28,507. Dealer cost

Congrats on the car and welcome to the forum.

Old 07-07-2007, 12:01 AM
Enthusiast

I bought one on July 4th - a base model for $25k. The sticker price was $27,019. I prolly could have gone a little lower. I wish they had more TCH's with just the Nav upgrade and not loaded.

Old 07-10-2007, 08:39 PM
pjp
Enthusiast

I'm in Chicago, and found the TCH I wanted (magnetic gray, navigation) with some luck after searching for days to no avail. Basically, a friend of my mother-in-law works at Continental Toyota in Countryside, and they had something fall through on the deal for this car, so it was available.

We paid $500 below sticker because we are Costco members. Mind you, I had gone through the Costco process and Costco sent us to a different dealer, which didn't have any cars in stock. But Continental was satisfied to simply see a Costco card.

Old 07-11-2007, 10:51 AM
Enthusiast

We did the internet thing. Broadcast my desired configuration through all the "FREE QUOTE!" buttons on edmunds, autos.com, etc.

Some wanted MSRP, but most offered at least some off. Sent the lowest quote back to the others and asked them to beat it.

We ended up buying from the closest dealer at $2233 off of MSRP. (~$300 over their invoice). Note, their invoice is not their cost. They still made money on the deal.

Red, NV, LA, SR, CQ, FE options.

Most off MSRP offered was $2304, but it had other options I did not want.

Probably could have gotten a little more off, but I hate the argue, leave, come back, wait, argue, leave, etc. of the face-to-face negotiation.

Quick Reply: Anyone paying less than MSRP for Camry Hybrids in 2007?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands