To all hybrid owners....

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 04:50 PM
JMV
Enthusiast
Default To all hybrid owners....

What is the thought that goes thru ur mind when for example ur on a highway cruising at 60-65mph trying to optimize the FE when all the fellow travellers r zipping past u at 80mph?????......

Old 08-17-2006, 05:04 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: To all hybrid owners....

With Gas prices hovering above 3.0, I just feel good to save!.How about the following to have positive thinking.
1) I guess you have peace of mind of no more cop tickets now...( I have paid a lot , used to do >110 in calif).
2) The difference in times(to reach your destination)with those speeds and yours will be minimal. (be always less than 3-4 min).
3) you save more !!
4) your car is green. They will envy you.

Old 08-17-2006, 05:08 PM
Active Enthusiast

Funny you should ask that. I was noticing, since I am working to get my gas mileage up, that I am staying within the speed limits and EVERYONE is passing me! My thought is, these idiots would save a lot of fuel if they would just drive rationally! Jump starts, keeping the gas full on to a stoplight (even though the light turned red sometime before... they can't figure out that they should s l o w down? Today I was actually 5 miles above the speed limit and people were passing me like I was standing still!

Where's a cop when you need them?

Someone has already posted that their gas mileage is improving in their non-hybrid car just because of their changing driving habits. Someone else posted about being smug when they rolled through a stop light (green) after being passed by someother cars who had raced to the stoplight and actually had to stop!

Just think how much gas we could save if people would just drive rationally...oh, and leave the gas hogs parked!

Barb

Old 08-17-2006, 05:12 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I wouldn't know. When I'm in the HOV lane, I'm going 20 MPH faster than everyone else.

Old 08-17-2006, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by JMV
What is the thought that goes thru ur mind when for example ur on a highway cruising at 60-65mph trying to optimize the FE when all the fellow travellers r zipping past u at 80mph?????......
I am thinking. I sure wish the slow pokes doing 80 in the passing lane would move over and let me by.

Old 08-17-2006, 05:42 PM
JMV
Enthusiast

I agree specially since I was driving one of those gas guzzlers until 2 weeks ago...I feel elated that I am driving a vehicle that is technologically and enviourmentally superior than most out there...

Old 08-17-2006, 06:47 PM
Active Enthusiast

In this age of SUV recreational vehicles, I just hope they have respect for the mass of the vehicle. In my 'ute', I had the displeasure of witnessing another SUV, that was trying to catch me, roll and slide down the highway in a shower of sparks. I have since learned.

I asked an emergency room doctor, in a college town up north (Syracuse NY), when the busiest time was. He said the summer was carnage. He liked the snowy, rainy days; people drove slower.

Old 08-17-2006, 06:53 PM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Personally, I find driving nearer the speed limit is much more relaxing and makes little difference on elapsed time even on longer trips.
J

Old 08-17-2006, 08:56 PM

Just imagine the sucking of passing vehicles is pulling you along, improving your FE.

My wife made a stunning point once. We drove the same trip, my driving teetering on obscene, my wife driving like a nun. I made it home about one minute faster than she did. Wasn't worth it.

Old 08-18-2006, 04:57 AM
WVGasGuy

I feel elated that I am driving a vehicle that is technologically and enviourmentally superior than most out there...

You've officially become SMUG

Quick Reply: To all hybrid owners....

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands