1st service/5000 miles

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 04:52 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 1st service/5000 miles

Originally Posted by mda1224
Hi haroldo...are you referring to ToyotaLand on Rt 22? Is that where you purchased your car or just get it serviced there?

I've been thinking about purchasing a TCH...not sure where to really go in Central NJ.
Yes, but I didn't buy from them.
I sat there for a few minutes, got sleazed by their high pressure nature, faked an incoming cell phone call and ran out of there.
I bought it over the phone from a really nice, easy going guy.
I probably could have shopped around and saved money, but for me, I wanted an easy transaction.
PM me and I'll give you the guys name and number.

Originally Posted by carolinacamry
...Said its a safety issue. For some reason I don't believe them.
Originally Posted by uwilsgd
... it is hogwash that it can't be done due to safety issues...
It's not a safety issue, but a concern.
If you are walking alone to your car in an iffy neighborhood or late at night and you want to quickly get into your car, would you want all four doors opening or just the driver's door?
It takes a second to open the door an click the button to let in the other passengers.
I never use the fob, but I believe you can also hit the door unlock button twice and all the doors will unlock.
It might be best to keep it at default setting and use one of these two methods to open the other doors...unless you are absolutely sure you will never be in a bad neighborhood or in a poorly lit area.

Last edited by haroldo; 07-15-2008 at 04:59 AM.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:12 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by uwilsgd
Oh, and if you need more info/help on programming for all doors to unlock, let me know!
I checked page 41 in the manual, and 'unlock all from driver's door' does not appear to be an option. I also looked in the list of options customizable by the driver and didn't see it. If you figured it out, I'd appreciate a clue.

And to those who brought up the concern for security, yes, I'm aware of the issues. I'm also 6' 5" tall and over 250#'s, so it's never been a major concern for me.

Old 07-15-2008, 11:19 AM

And to those who brought up the concern for security, yes, I'm aware of the issues. I'm also 6' 5" tall and over 250#'s, so it's never been a major concern for me
...I'm 6'4", but my wife and daughters aren't...so I keep it at factory setting for them.

Old 07-15-2008, 11:22 AM
Active Enthusiast

check out page 2 of the customizable options!

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
IN-41to44_Customize.pdf (28.0 KB, 26 views)
Old 07-15-2008, 11:34 AM

From page 40 in the 2007 TCH manual:

SELECTING DOORS TO BE UNLOCKED WITH ENTRY FUNCTION
The unlocking operation has 2 modes. To change the mode, within 1 m (3 ft) of the vehicle, press the lock switch and the alarm, trunk opener or unlock switch simultaneously for five seconds.
The "POWER" switch must be turned off.
When the mode is changed, the buzzer will sound and an indicator is displayed on the Multi-information display as fowllows

Mode | Door to be unlocked | Wireless remote control buzzer | indicator and meter buzzer
1........|........All doors .............| ..... 2 beeps .................................. | 1 beep (icon =all doors open)

2 ...... | Driver's only (from .... | ..... 3 beeps.................................... | 1 beep (icon= drivers door
......... drivers door switch) .................................................. .................. shows closed all others open)
...... All doors (from passenger's
......... door switches)

I hope I was able to format this chart so it's readable.

Last edited by jbollt; 07-15-2008 at 02:13 PM.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:39 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nyceshirtz
check out page 2 of the customizable options!
I saw that, but it refers to operation when the key is turned. Is it interchangeable with the smart key being present?

Jbollt, thanks to you as well, that looks like the same or similar info. Guess I'll try it tonight and see what happens.

Old 07-15-2008, 12:40 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by haroldo
...I'm 6'4", but my wife and daughters aren't...so I keep it at factory setting for them.
My wife is a realtor, often around people she doesn't know and alone in houses. In addition to other precautions (never let a client get between you and the exit, never go into the basement, etc) she always carries mace on her keychain and has it ready when walking through a parking lot.

Old 07-15-2008, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by tbone526
I saw that, but it refers to operation when the key is turned. Is it interchangeable with the smart key being present?

Jbollt, thanks to you as well, that looks like the same or similar info. Guess I'll try it tonight and see what happens.
Yes, when I grab the driver's door handle, all doors unlock. Let us know if you are successful in making the change!

Last edited by jbollt; 07-15-2008 at 02:15 PM.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:26 PM
Active Enthusiast

Worked like a charm! Apparently I misinterpreted what the manual said when I read through it.

Thanks to all who offered help!

Old 07-15-2008, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by tbone526
Worked like a charm! Apparently I misinterpreted what the manual said when I read through it.

Thanks to all who offered help!
Glad it worked! You're welcome.

Quick Reply: 1st service/5000 miles

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands