Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 03:59 PM
Enthusiast
Default 17" or 18" rims, anyone?

Anyone?

Old 03-28-2008, 04:09 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 17" or 18" rims, anyone?

I think the 17" would be the right size...funny, but I think the Sienna 17" rims (XLE ones) would look really good on the TCH.

18" might look a little to hoopty.

Old 03-28-2008, 06:30 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikecism
I think the 17" would be the right size...funny, but I think the Sienna 17" rims (XLE ones) would look really good on the TCH.

18" might look a little to hoopty.
hoopty?
Never heard that one before! lol

Old 03-29-2008, 04:57 AM
Pragmatist

I like the look of the 17" wheels. I agree that any larger would look begin to look too much like a pimp or drug dealer. And, larger wheels are heavier and have more rotational inertia, so they will reduce FE. So from a "green" perspective, you should use the smallest, thinnest wheels and tires you can tolerate.

I found a set of new takeoffs from an Avalon on ebay, with the Michelin Energy tires, for not much more than the price of just the tires. I just had to have my tire guy transfer my TPMS sensors from my old wheels. Looking today, the same seller has two sets listed. Search for "Avalon wheels tires 17".

Last edited by SteveHansen; 03-29-2008 at 05:02 AM.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:50 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SteveHansen
I like the look of the 17" wheels. I agree that any larger would look begin to look too much like a pimp or drug dealer. And, larger wheels are heavier and have more rotational inertia, so they will reduce FE. So from a "green" perspective, you should use the smallest, thinnest wheels and tires you can tolerate.

I found a set of new takeoffs from an Avalon on ebay, with the Michelin Energy tires, for not much more than the price of just the tires. I just had to have my tire guy transfer my TPMS sensors from my old wheels. Looking today, the same seller has two sets listed. Search for "Avalon wheels tires 17".
Yes, that's good price for the wheels and tires.

Not sure if I would like the look of those rims on the TCH.

Once you get them and install on your TCH, can you post a picture?

Thanks.

Old 03-29-2008, 03:22 PM
Pragmatist

Once you get them and install on your TCH, can you post a picture?
LThompson has the other Avalon wheels on his TCH, and has previously posted a picture in this forum, in the thread at:
https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...pped-tch-9839/

Here's mine:

I decided I like the "mill" finish on these wheels. The ones that come with the Camry look like painted hubcaps. But, I don't like chrome, either. The mill finish is in between -- Brighter than the paint, but not as flashy as the chrome.

Last edited by SteveHansen; 04-03-2008 at 01:32 AM.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:41 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SteveHansen
LThompson has the other Avalon wheels on his TCH, and has previously posted a picture in this forum, in the thread at:
https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...pped-tch-9839/

Here's mine:

I decided I like the "mill" finish on these wheels. The ones that come with the Camry look like painted hubcaps. But, I don't like chrome, either. The mill finish is in between -- Brighter than the paint, but not as flashy as the chrome.
I agree with you on the mill finish; the standard "alloy" on the TCH look like wheel covers. The Avalon (and Sienna rims) are a bit brighter, yey not bling-bling chrome.

I still think I like the Sienna's over the Avalons, but I guess I'm 40K miles away from wearing my current tires out... ;-)

Old 03-31-2008, 10:48 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

18" Lexus GS wheels...

(look in the photo gallery for more photos)

Old 03-31-2008, 12:07 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by flopshot
18" Lexus GS wheels...

(look in the photo gallery for more photos)

Looks nice; although Lexus badge (on the centerhub) on a Toyota is sort of ghetto-ish.

I like to stay in-brand or go to unbranded.

However, the wheels look better than the TCH ones...(as does your overall ride)

Old 03-31-2008, 01:07 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikecism
Looks nice; although Lexus badge (on the centerhub) on a Toyota is sort of ghetto-ish.
Toyota centercaps are the same size as Lexus centercaps. Just pop out and replace. I don't have a Lexus logo anywhere on my car.

Quick Reply: 17" or 18" rims, anyone?

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands