Old Marketplace Archive This section is closed to new listings.

Wind/Bug Guard and Weather Tech mats for Tahoe Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 08:09 PM
Enthusiast
Default Wind/Bug Guard and Weather Tech mats for Tahoe Hybrid

Has anyone tried to get Weather Tech mats for a Tahoe Hybrid? I know the digifit mats are not listed according to their website but has anyone tried the regular Weather Tech mats in a hybrid? Also I am looking for a Bug/wind deflector for my Tahoe Hybrid. I went to my local GM dealer in Canada and they did not even have a deflector listed for a Hybrid although he wanted to sell me one for a regular Tahoe which I politely declined.

Old 05-01-2009, 08:42 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Wind/Bug Guard and Weather Tech mats for Tahoe Hybrid

I think a Bugscreen on a hybrid is a bad idea- the reason they left the rack off the roof was to cut drag. Having had bugscreens on past trucks, I can tell you that they shave MPG on the highway.

Just my $.02. If you find some mats, let me know!

Old 05-01-2009, 07:57 PM
Enthusiast

Hmm interesting I actually never considered that, a good point. The only thing that I am concerned with a rock/stone chips on the leading edge of the hood.
I've always wondered why manufacturers don't apply some sort of stone guard on that surface? Maybe its a cosmetic thing but it beats trying to repair stone chips in the paint.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:11 PM
Enthusiast

I used an invisibra on my old flatnosed QX56. Worked to prevent chips, and unless the stone left a dent it was guaranteed- free paint fix. Which was fine.