Old Marketplace Archive This section is closed to new listings.

2006 Civic Hybrid with HOV California stickers $12500 OBO

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 11:22 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default 2006 Civic Hybrid with HOV California stickers $12500 OBO

I am selling my 2006 Honda civic hybrid, its a 2006 model with 53790 miles on the clock, its in mint condition as you can see from the photos, I always baby my cars and never drink, eat or smoke in them. Its had regular engine and transmission oil changes (always mobil 1 for engine, genuine honda fluid for the tranny).
The car does have a salvage title, but before you click back read this!
I am a professional mechanical engineer and when I bought this car just over a year ago I thoroughly checked it out, the bumpers and supports, the uni-body and frame components, brakes, suspension and repair work before I bought it. I would not have bought it or let my wife drive it without being 100% certain this car is as safe as a new one off the lot. The airbags have never been deployed and are as new, this car has side/curtain/front airbags and ABS brakes.
The damage and repair work done was as follows:
The front engine radiator mount (bracket) was damaged in the accident and replaced.
The radiator was replaced.
The front bumper cover (plastic) was replaced and repainted to match.
The front headlights were replaced with new ones.
The rear bumper was repainted.
There was some re-painting of the rear 3/4 panels.

There is NO damage to the uni-body, I have been under this car and examined it in detail and all the body is straight, front and rear. All the panels have the ORIGINAL VIN number stickers and they all match (see photo link for proof). The new paintwork is good and a very good match to the factory paint.
The engine and transmission were completely undamaged and have been flawless since I bought the car, the car drives completely straight with no noises/clunks etc. The engine is smooth and quiet, the transmission shifts perfectly. All functions of the car work flawlessly!
The car has BRAND new OEM tires, I recently had some punctures in the originals so I replaced all 4, I ordered them from tirerack.com and have the warrantee cards for them.
If you want to come see the car, I will be happy to point out all the areas where the car has had repair work so you can see for yourself.
When I used to commute (I got a new job local, so I don't need this car anymore) my gas mileage would be between 48-55mpg with 85% highway mileage. Under stop and go conditions I get about 43mpg.
The HOV stickers are great, there is nothing better than driving home after a long day at work knowing you won't have to sit in traffic like everyone else!
My asking price is $12500 or make me an offer, the condition of this car will blow you away.
I had just washed the car in the pics so its a little wet. Please click the link and then click on "Honda Civic Hybrid 06" on the left hand side. If you would like to see anything in detail I can take some more photos and post them or e-mail them.

https://www.photoshop.com/user/charlton

Old 10-12-2008, 01:59 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2006 Civic Hybrid with HOV California stickers $12500 OBO

Car is sold!!