Off Topic Politics, life, gadgets, people... gobbledygook.

Why I stopped working on cleanmpg and why I'm posting it here

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 06:02 PM
Default Why I stopped working on cleanmpg and why I'm posting it here

I'm posting here for two reasons, one is that many people belong to both sites and will be able to set the record straight or at least hear the truth, and two, I'm hoping the post won't get deleted here like it would on CleanMPG.

I'm sure that a certain member there has spread his misinformation about me. If I had known about this misinformation I would have posted this earlier.

I don't know why Delta Flyer thinks I left cleanmpg. But the truth is, I more drifted away than left because I just got sick of reading Delta flyers posts and he posts a lot. I still show up from time to time (a few times a year)

I did harass him ONCE by making his connection slow using a plugin called annoying users or something like that. It lasted a few days if I remember correctly and I stopped when Wayne told me to stop.

I never stalked Delta Flyer. He really isn't worth my time. He probably thinks I did because any time there is a new guy on the site that he disagrees with he assumes it is someone he is currently feuding with. He uses the term sock a lot (which I found out stood for sock puppet i.e. alias) when dealing with new users.

He thinks I tried to destroy the site. This is far from the truth. I pulled down the ads and the store because it went to a bank account I had set aside for the website using my name and my ssn. Once wayne got a cease and desist letter for plagiarism I decided it was too risky for me to continue working on the site. I gave Wayne all the money in the account. I then canceled the bank account and removed the store and ads because I didn't want any money from the site. Money from the site might make me liable in any lawsuits as I could be considered "profiting" from any real or imagined illegal activities (You don't have to be guilty to get sued).

If Delta Flyer had bothered to ask Wayne why I wasn't part of the site anymore I'm sure Wayne would have told him that I said "I don't feel comfortable with the site since I have no control of what you (Wayne) write and I could be part of a lawsuit" Thats what I told wayne when he asked me why I was stepping down. As far as I'm concerned I have no hard feelings toward Wayne or the site, we just look at things differently.

Tom Baleno

Last edited by tbaleno; 08-29-2009 at 07:54 PM.
Old 08-29-2009, 06:17 PM
G.H. Contributor
Talking Re: Why I stopped working on cleanmpg and why I'm posting it here

Hey,

Is that you Tom B. ???

Well, just wanted to say Hello

Man, long time No-See

Terry

Old 08-29-2009, 06:36 PM
Super Moderator
Default Re: Why I stopped working on cleanmpg and why I'm posting it here

Thanks for posting Tom. I've been curious about you and some of the people you mentioned for some years now.

Good to hear from you again.

Old 08-29-2009, 08:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tbaleno
I did harass him ONCE by making his connection slow using a plugin called annoying users or something like that. It lasted a few days if I remember correctly and I stopped when Wayne told me to stop.
Tom,

Your math is not exactly right:
  • Reacting like every post I made the last few months you were active was trollbait for no good reason
  • closing the CleanMPG chatroom there after ranting with tigerhonaker and Pravus Prime about wanting to ban me, then caught when Wayne joined chat - THEN you launched the miserable users you admitted to after Wayne explicitly told you to leave me alone.
  • Did this after we talked at HF2006 and led me to believe differences were resolved.
  • NEVER explained your actions....last PM to me was a scream "I HATE YOU DELTA FLYER" - can't even call me by my actual name.
  • On exit, you took down the online store at CleanMPG and GoogleAds
  • also had backend exits to get back into to CleanMPG after to agreeing to give it over....THREE MONTHS after you said you would step down for the reasons you stated

Why did you wait 1.5 years on the issues you stated you left for Tom? No exactly a principled stand. More like a rationalization of less honorable motives.

Strange after you left much less was said about me being a so called eco-thug. CleanMPG has grown.

Last edited by Delta Flyer; 08-29-2009 at 09:10 PM.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:56 PM
Banned

I'd been banned from CleanMPG by Wayne long ago if there was a shred of truth to what tbalano said.

Old 08-29-2009, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Delta Flyer
Tom,

You math is not exactly right:
  • Reacting like every post I made the last few months you were active was trollbait for not good reason
    Where did I say that?
  • closing the CleanMPG chatroom there after ranting with tigerhonaker and Pravus Prime about wanting to ban me, then caught when Wayne joined - BEFORE you launched miserable users you admitted to.
    I bought the chat room with my own money, and I was the only one ever in it so I used it for another site.
  • Did this after we talked at HF2006 and led me to believe differences were resolved.
    I thought it was too. At HF2006 I specifically pulled you aside to ask your forgiveness. Apparently you never did forgive me and posted like you were the one making all the overtures. And thats when in my mind you became a jerk.
  • NEVER explained your actions....last PM to me was a scream "I HATE YOU DELTA FLYER" - can't even call me by my actual name.
    I didn't think I had to explain them to you. I didn't think the running of cleanmpg was between anyone but Wayne and myself. I'm sorry I left you out of the loop. And you are probably right about my last PM to you.
  • On exit, you took down the online store at CleanMPG and GoogleAds...also had backend exits to get back into to CleanMPG after to agreeing to give it over.
    I thought I explained why I took down the store and ads? As for back end exits? If you mean back doors into the site, it was probably logins used for testing and stuff as well as a root password I used because I wanted a different password from the one the host uses to log into the server. It was a pain every-time I needed them to log in for whatever reason I would have to give them the password. If there were any other things then they were totally inadvertent.
Strange after you left much less was said about me being a so called eco-thug. CleanMPG has grown.
And I'm happy for that. As I said earlier I don't hate CleanMPG.

Old 08-29-2009, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Delta Flyer
I'd been banned from CleanMPG by Wayne long ago if there was a shred of truth to what tbalano said.
Possibly if you weren't one of Waynes top posters. But just because Wayne didn't ban you for whatever reason (and I'm not at this time asking him to ban you) doesn't follow that what I said was false.

Old 08-29-2009, 09:15 PM
Banned

I was interrupted talking to you Tom and under the definite impression this was being settled at HF2006....YOU refused to talk to me the next day....more fantasy tainted by your hatred of me.

If my list is as "honest" as your posts on this thread, CleanMPG members will definitely call me out...outside of your group of friends that is.

I once thought you to be an honest man, Tom.

Last edited by Delta Flyer; 08-29-2009 at 09:19 PM.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:19 PM

I hope I answered any of your questions and that now you are now informed about the truth. Feel free to contact me if you have anything else that needs clarification.

Old 08-29-2009, 09:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tbaleno
I hope I answered any of your questions and that now you are now informed about the truth. Feel free to contact me if you have anything else that needs clarification.
Bottom line is you had plenty of opportunities to talk to me and resolve this, but chose not to and present "truth" on par with the Soviet-era Pravda.

About all that's left to say here.

Quick Reply: Why I stopped working on cleanmpg and why I'm posting it here

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands