Off Topic Politics, life, gadgets, people... gobbledygook.

Why did I buy a digital camera?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 01:46 PM
Site Founder

Brilliant. Just brilliant. I was careful about choosing the very small yet high quality digital camera so that I could take it around and whip it out when I need it. Today was my first day interning for Congressman John Mica (R-FL) -- at least, one of his offices. I walk in and they tell me they've got an extra ticket. Vice President Dick Cheney is in town. Great. Except, forgot my camera The speech was nice, though.

Figures, right? I'm bringing it for now on.

Old 06-14-2004, 02:56 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I always keep our old Poloroid PDC640 digital camera in my car for those great FCD shots. This is a very low quality 5-6 year old camera.
One day I arrived to work with a new record MPG so I got the PDC out and it only beeped when turned on. Turns out I never returned the memory from last time. :o
Just by chance and luck I happened to have the Nikkon Koolpix 880 with me for a project and took this shot.

Otherwise this achievement would have only been "hearsay" and forgotten.
Needless to say the PDC is once again "locked and loaded"!

Old 06-16-2004, 09:11 AM
Active Enthusiast

I carry a Canon Powershot S230 around, small enough to fit in my purse and since I always have that, I always have my camera. I guess that sucks for guys, always have to remember to put it in your pocket, or wherever.

Old 06-18-2004, 09:37 PM
Enthusiast

I can never remember to carry mine with me. I'm always on the road when I see something worth taking a pic of and I never have my camera. I don't even know why I have it.

Old 06-18-2004, 09:46 PM
Site Founder

I assure you, it's been with me ever since that day with the vice president I grab it on my way to the car and stick it in the far cupholder every day.

Old 06-19-2004, 12:45 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I wish I had one, maybe i can finally get one with the gift money im about to get