Off Topic Politics, life, gadgets, people... gobbledygook.
View Poll Results: Should GM retrieve all the HUMMERS and send them to be crushed?
Yes
18.42%
NO
63.16%
By Tomorrow
0%
Should have been Yesterday
18.42%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Time to Crush the HUMMER!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 04:50 PM
ELECPWR
Default Sun

Last edited by indyr4400; 07-06-2008 at 01:20 PM.
Old 07-02-2008, 05:00 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Time to Crush the HUMMER!

GM would not be on the verge of bankruptcy if EV1s were still on the road. Maybe BIG OIL can bail them out now. Oh wait, they sold the battery rights to BIG OIL, I guess that is not possible now. What a shame for the employees who will be laid off as a result of an incompetent Exec. Team. Maybe the next PR Campaign should read: Customer First, Big Oil Last.

Old 07-02-2008, 05:12 PM
Engineering first

A valuable source of metals for hybrids, GM can wait for the steel recyclers to claim them. I don't think there is enough copper in a Hummer to even make a usable motor.

Bob Wilson

Old 07-02-2008, 05:51 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

No matter how you feel about Hummers (I hate the things & did from day one) they are vehicles, nothing more.
Those that can afford them and want them deserve them (that sounds kinda negative).
I feel as bad for those who bought them, can't afford the gas to move them out of the garage, can't sell them and have to keep making payments.
Just because someone made (in our eyes) a bad choice by buying a Hummer they don't deserve ridicule (I have a friend who has one) else, someone may ridicule you for some bad choice you have made in your past or in your future (made em, regreted em).
Sorry guys, lighten up IT'S A CAR!!!! smirk to yourself about your good choice, tease your friends in a good natured way, but for Gods sakes lighten up.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:23 PM
Enthusiast

To paraphrase the NRA, cars don't kill the environment, people kill the environment. All vehicles including the Hummer are tools. Unfortunately, that is the word often used to describe the stereotypical driver of the Hummer, sometimes with good reason. OTOH we have a 3/4 ton Yukon XL which is probably just as thirsty as a Hummer, but I make no apologies because its job is to haul large numbers of people, other lifeforms and gear and then tow a large trailer. It spends most of its life parked doing nothing and is typically used when fully loaded and in that form sees better mpg per person than one individual in a Prius. Don't forget, the Prius can be driven and used in a manner that is not environmentally sensitive and ownership of that vehicle does not guarantee environmental responsibility in all areas of life. Just the other day I was in my Impreza running next to a Prius whose driver left me in the dust as the light turned green only to have me pull even again at the next red light - for 3 consecutive lights. I don't mean she was a bad person, but hopefully you get my point.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:35 PM
Active Enthusiast

Just because you drive a hybrid does not make you better than the person that drives an H2. Don't be so smug. They shouldn't be crushed any more than your hybrid should be crushed. We are fortunate to live where we have a choice what to think, say, buy, and drive. They choose to drive something different than you. Get over yourself.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:38 PM
Outcast Enthusiast

Don't think there is a shortage of steel, but Toyota has a shortage of batteries.

Let's have Toyota
- recall ALL Lexus Hybrids
- retrieve the batteries for reuse in TPH and TCH
- crush the cars at owners expense, for being so irresponsible

Old 07-02-2008, 10:27 PM
Active Enthusiast

I can't believe GM still even has that division. Certainly the H1 and H2 need to be cancelled. The H3 isn't so bad.

Old 07-03-2008, 04:41 AM
Active Enthusiast

no, people need to lighten up a little its just a car and the owners are suffering enough as it is. GM certainly doesn't need another hit this year, the economy would be trashed even more.

Old 07-03-2008, 06:16 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bobs Metallic Pearl
No matter how you feel about Hummers (I hate the things & did from day one) they are vehicles, nothing more.

As were the ev-1's

Those that can afford them and want them deserve them (that sounds kinda negative).

Too bad it didn't work that way for the people that could afford EV-1's and "wanted" them..

I feel as bad for those who bought them, can't afford the gas to move them out of the garage, can't sell them and have to keep making payments.

I feel bad for those that were trying to do their part to save the enviroment and lessen our depenence on foreign oil, had to give them up and weren't allowed to keep them.

Just because someone made (in our eyes) a bad choice by buying a Hummer they don't deserve ridicule (I have a friend who has one) else, someone may ridicule you for some bad choice you have made in your past or in your future (made em, regreted em).

Just as we ridicule GM for their bad choice (enviromental choice) to take on the hummer line right about the same time they closed the EV-1 Plant.

Sorry guys, lighten up IT'S A CAR!!!! smirk to yourself about your good choice, tease your friends in a good natured way, but for Gods sakes lighten up.
You are right, it WAS a car, a car that could have been improved upon, refined, and perfected to this day...

I think the poster was offering an interesting parody to what happened with the EV-1 more than actually bashing the hummer community!

so lighten up too!!

Quick Reply: Time to Crush the HUMMER!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands