Off Topic Politics, life, gadgets, people... gobbledygook.

tigerhonaker; Gets New Toy for 2006 :-)

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 11:52 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: tigerhonaker; Gets New Toy for 2006 :-)

What ever you do. Dont let you isp hang a usb modem on you. Always instist on a nic card setup. USB is a horrid waiste of cpu cycles. Also you do not have to opt for all there software and AOL.hell,, why would anybody package anything thing thru that awfull mess. I dont use any of the nasty yahoo crap at all that my isp packages up for you. Bless there hearts. I have over 500 meg of storage on a yahoo server for use because of my package and dont use but a pentance of it. Ive made it quite clear to sbc which is now at&t. I pay you for a connect,, and it better **** well work!!! MBA's back at work screwing things up Im sure with the name change.

My efforts to get high speed connection go back to bonding as many as 4 56k modems when dsl or cable where not avalible here. I dont mind spending money on a good high speed connect. At 49.99 for my 6Mbps connect its a bargin compared to bonding 4 mondems and paying for four phone lines. When more speed becomes avalible here I will push hard for another life long lock on my connect money wise. I was the second in my town to get dsl when we got it here. Im pushing my isp/phone company hard for beta on there new lightspeed. Suppose to be 10Mbps and I would like it the same speed both ways. I found that having internet, landlines, dish and cells with sbc/cinglar has proved very good service for use. They dont want to loose the cash cow called Townsley.