Off Topic Politics, life, gadgets, people... gobbledygook.

A Simple Way to Turn Around GM

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 01:01 PM
Banned
Default A Simple Way to Turn Around GM

Put Bill Gates in charge.

He runs Microsoft like it will go bankrupt in 18 months, and has even said that to his employees. I think he is too agressive, but I'd love to see him in charge of GM, as thinking out of the box and risk-taking is exactly what they need to do.

Old 11-02-2005, 01:23 PM
World's First Hybrid
Default Re: A Simple Way to Turn Around GM

Originally Posted by Delta Flyer
Put Bill Gates in charge.

He runs Microsoft like it will go bankrupt in 18 months, and has even said that to his employees. I think he is too agressive, but I'd love to see him in charge of GM, as thinking out of the box and risk-taking is exactly what they need to do.
I agree Chuck but then again, I would have to say let GM and the other big US mfg's wallow for a while and see which ones survive the change. I have a feeling that the "now lower gas prices" have a direct link to the 25% downturn in SUV sales...ie: now that big oil has drained our bank accounts, let's lower the fuel prices and get folks buying the big Urban Assault Vehicles again to bring up those sagging sales numbers...and then drain our accounts again on the vehicle side of the equation.....This back and forth market swing, higher fuel prices/lower UAV sales...then lower fuel prices/higher UAV sales......guarantee a constant money flow out of our pockets.... After all, it's only a money game to see who has the most cash after the dust settles....

Old 11-07-2005, 08:35 AM
Banned
Default If Gates Declines....

If Bill Gates declines to "chair" GM, I'd like it to go to basketball coach great Bob Knight.

Difference between Gates and Knight: Gates only figuratively talked of "cutting off Netscape's air supply" - Knight literally chokes anyone in his way.

Old 11-07-2005, 08:41 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

B Gates is only as good as the small software companies he buys up by virtue of his windows OS monopoly. I'd like to see him try to bully Toyota or Honda

LOL

Old 11-07-2005, 08:48 AM

As an anti gates guy I could rant and rave. Instead I will tell you that gates got his money in very unethical ways. And the company stays afloat only because of the leverage they have over major PC manufacturers.

Why not raise the dividend on their stock to give some of their surplus back to the stock holders? Because gates makes enough money selling a couple million shares a day (look it up). He doesn't need the money and you sure as heck aren't getting much of it. Their stock has been pretty flat the last few years.

Old 11-07-2005, 08:55 AM
Banned

I'm actually not a big Bill Gates fan at all, but I'd rather him have Toyota in his crosshairs than Google...

Old 11-07-2005, 10:16 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Why Bill Gates?, The cars would crash for no known reason! He has very little innovation, I say Steve Jobs! At least Apple has come out with cool looking hardware and they don't crash...as much..lol

Old 11-07-2005, 10:43 AM

And Steve Jobs knows how to bring a company back from near death.

I second the nomination.

Old 11-07-2005, 03:02 PM
Vegetarian

steve jobs is awesome. i third the nomination.