Off Topic Politics, life, gadgets, people... gobbledygook.

More Iraq information

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 02:27 PM
Banned
Default Re: More Iraq information

I'm afraid that Abu Girab is an instance that US troops killed innocents on purpose, but it was a handful, and at least they faced court-martial.

I agree with the general assertion that Americans try to avoid killing innocents, though.

Old 08-25-2005, 02:48 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

No prisoners died from U.S. abuse in Abu Ghraib prison. It's not US policy to kill anyone except the "activ e enemy" and soldiers are also humans. Some humans are bad. Some bad human soldiers HAVE in the past killed innocents.

But it's not policy, and they are punished, unlike the Insurgent murderers, who if they survive are CELEBRATED as heroes. That fact alone separates us from uncivilized murderers.

Old 08-25-2005, 03:00 PM
Super Moderator & Contributor ($)

I'm giving serious thought to closing this thread. Already a couple of members have suggested that it might be a good idea and I agree. It is not so much that any rules have been broken as it is that the thread is dividing us. It is causing a disturbance even if it is within the rules.

Since it can always be reopened, I'm gonna close it before friends become otherwise.

Old 08-25-2005, 03:40 PM
Site Founder

Sorry for not jumping in earlier, here, guys. Things are crazy-busy here at college and I just haven't had the time lately that I did this summer.

I agree 100% that GreenHybrid should not be a stage for online political arguments. Sure, some discussion is fine, but there's a point when things do get brutal and the intention of the site is sidetracked.

If anyone has any concerns in the future, please contact me directly and I'll respond ASAP.