Off Topic Politics, life, gadgets, people... gobbledygook.

Mobile Phones Cancer Risk

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 06:59 PM
Enthusiast
Default Mobile Phones Cancer Risk

I have just finished watching trash journalism A Current Affairs and they did a report in which a professor did tests that show that exposure to radiation through use of mobile phone can cause brain cancer. This has kind of worried me, but of course I've got to explore the issue first before I make a decision. This worries me because although I don't use the mobile phone much I do keep one in my right pocket all the time and this right pocket is right next to my reproductive organs. If the mobile phone is indeed harmful then it is likely to harm my reproductive organs, rendering me impotent (see Mobile Phone Use Linked to Sperm Deaths).

It is difficult because one side says that mobile phones do cause cancer while another side says it doesn't while many say that it depends on how you use the mobile phone. What do I assume first and where does the burden of proof lie? Do I assume that mobile phones do
not cause cancer and wait for sufficient evidence to suggest why (this is the classical assumption of the null hypothesis) or do I assume that mobile phones do cause cancer and wait for evidence that says that it doesn't?

Old 11-21-2006, 08:43 PM
Banned
Default Re: Mobile Phones Cancer Risk

Excuse me, are you going to talk about your hybrid?

It's how people usually start.

Old 11-21-2006, 09:33 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

You've been sniffed out norak.

Even in the "Anything Goes" area some here will try to control you.

Welcome

Here's what the FDA has to say.

http://www.fda.gov/fdac/features/2000/600_phone.html

Here's some information from from the National Cancer Institute that find the incidence of brain tumors has remained flat from 1983 through 2003. Evidence that there hasn't been an increase in brain tumors from before mobile phone use until now. I wouldn't sweat it, sounds like stress is worse.

http://planning.cancer.gov/disease/Brain-Snapshot.pdf

Old 11-22-2006, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Delta Flyer
Excuse me, are you going to talk about your hybrid?

It's how people usually start.
Relax.

Old 11-24-2006, 08:26 AM
Vegetarian

Originally Posted by worthywads
The National Cancer Institute that find the incidence of brain tumors has remained flat from 1983 through 2003. Evidence that there hasn't been an increase in brain tumors from before mobile phone use until now.
That makes me feel better.

Old 12-31-2006, 06:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by norak
I have just finished watching trash journalism A Current Affairs and they did a report in which a professor did tests that show that exposure to radiation through use of mobile phone can cause brain cancer. This has kind of worried me, but of course I've got to explore the issue first before I make a decision. This worries me because although I don't use the mobile phone much I do keep one in my right pocket all the time and this right pocket is right next to my reproductive organs. If the mobile phone is indeed harmful then it is likely to harm my reproductive organs, rendering me impotent (see Mobile Phone Use Linked to Sperm Deaths).

It is difficult because one side says that mobile phones do cause cancer while another side says it doesn't while many say that it depends on how you use the mobile phone. What do I assume first and where does the burden of proof lie? Do I assume that mobile phones do
not cause cancer and wait for sufficient evidence to suggest why (this is the classical assumption of the null hypothesis) or do I assume that mobile phones do cause cancer and wait for evidence that says that it doesn't?
Why would you wait for evidence when you can take easy precautions that would reduce the risks? I just don't get it.

Old 12-31-2006, 10:51 PM
Are We Having Fun Yet?

Originally Posted by Armand
Why would you wait for evidence when you can take easy precautions that would reduce the risks? I just don't get it.
Great point.

Old 01-23-2007, 10:14 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by bparsons
This is an old report that made those claims. There are no links to brain cancer and cell phones. There is, however, a link to brain cancer and listening to the whining tree-hugging, tofu farting faries of the world gripe about deforestation
Awwwww...

Bitter are we? Going around hunting for my posts? I think you've hit a low....

By the way, I should send you that article about how tofu makes people gay...the devil's food...as written by an evangelical minister...read those things?

Oh..and I also suggest you strap a cellphone around your head and keep in on all day. Gives the brain energy.

Last edited by Armand; 01-23-2007 at 10:22 AM.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Armand
Awwwww...

Bitter are we? Going around hunting for my posts? I think you've hit a low....

By the way, I should send you that article about how tofu makes people gay...the devil's food...as written by an evangelical minister...read those things?

Oh..and I also suggest you strap a cellphone around your head and keep in on all day. Gives the brain energy.
Should I even respond to that?? Ok, I will "Duh George, which way did he go George, which way did he go??

Old 01-23-2007, 11:35 PM
Are We Having Fun Yet?

Where's the popcorn???

Quick Reply: Mobile Phones Cancer Risk

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands