Off Topic Politics, life, gadgets, people... gobbledygook.

Might get a Honda Fit tomorrow!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 07:17 PM
Hybrid True Believer
Default Might get a Honda Fit tomorrow!

It's looking good for getting a Honda Fit tomorrow or Saturday. I got my credit check run and it was in the second best tier, so I'm approved for the car. All the dealer has to do is GET ONE, which hopefully will be tomorrow or Saturday.

I've got a black Fit Sport with 5AT and paddle shifters picked out.

It is just such a CUTE car! I've never seen anything like that car!

Old 08-17-2006, 08:50 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Might get a Honda Fit tomorrow!

Oh Yea!
Please keep us informed on how it goes: Sales experience and how she drives. I know that with a very capable driver as yourself you'll get very great economy.
I'm really interested in your first impressions!
-Steve

Old 08-18-2006, 02:48 PM
Hybrid True Believer

I called ahead to today to make sure that the dealer still had one in stock (they had two yesterday). Man! They sold both this morning! Oh well. I will probably just drive over tomorrow and place a deposit one one and order it exactly the way I want it. I may have to wait a little while, but at least it'll be to my exact specifications.

The saleman was the same guy who sold me my HCH. Four years ago, he had just moved here from Russia and didn't know a lot about cars. This time around, his English was a lot better and he knew a lot more about cars. I thought that was good.

I'll write again when I pick up the car. I'm pretty sure I should break 40 MPG, since it's rated for 35-38. I drive pretty conservatively these days since my commute is only 4.1 miles.

Old 08-18-2006, 07:18 PM
Hybrid True Believer

When dealer-managers get greedy, it screws things up. I was willing to buy the car today, but the dealer-manager ordered the Fit sold, even though my credit report was only run yesterday. But I was willing to wait a few weeks for another one. But *then* the dealer-manager tried to squeeze an extra $500 out of me.

**** it.

Why to dealer-managers do stupid moves like this? If I was willing to buy the car immediately, and also willing to wait 4-6 weeks for another one, doesn't that suggest that I want the car? Why try to rip me off when I'm already sold on getting the car?

Well, I'm not buying the car NOW!

I feel bad for the salesman, since *he* is a decent, honest guy. It's too bad his manager isn't.