Off Topic Politics, life, gadgets, people... gobbledygook.

Insurance $UCKS on my Civic.

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 06:03 PM
G.H. Contributor
Lightbulb Re: Insurance $UCKS on my Civic.

Well; you have gotten my attention on this Ins. Pricing thing. So I will check and see what my price is come Monday, their office is closed until then. Makes me wonder.BTW, my Ins. runs per 6-Months. We will see Come Monday.

Terry

Old 01-06-2006, 06:24 PM
Happy Hybrid Owner
Default Re: Insurance $UCKS on my Civic.

My premium for my '05 FEH (6 mos., 100/300 liability,$500 collision deductible, $50 comprehensive ded.) is $386. (My '02 Escape is only $278; the greatest share of the cost, for both vehicles, is the collision and comprehensive, not the liability coverage.) I have a group policy through Metropolitan Property & Casualty. I have discounts for superior driver, defensive driver class (both drivers), multi-car policy, and for having my premiums auto-deducted from my bank account. We are both 43.

Why is the Civic so high? Is it because it is such a common car, and hence attractive to thieves? Where you are might make a difference - I'm sure insurance is more expensive for all cars in the city, compared to out here in the countryside of upstate NY. I wouldn't think a Civic would be more likely to cause injury to others, or more expensive to fix, than an AWD FEH.

Old 01-06-2006, 06:37 PM
Active Enthusiast

My wife and I had porgressive for a long time. I never had insurance with them on a motorcycle, but let me tell you, if you want a screwing go and get it! My 6 month cost on my motorcycle with USAA is 200.00. If it were insured with Porgess, the cycle would be over 8000.00 bucks a year! I had 1 ticket on my record at the time, and have owned gobs of bikes. They said it was a sport bike, and I would be lucky to find insurance cheaper.
Just for comparison, full coverage, with a 1,000,000 hull liability on a $250,000 aircraft is less than that with only 250 hours of flight time.

Old 01-06-2006, 08:21 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I need to make it clear!! My Civic is a EX Sedan,, not a hybrid... Your mileage may differ. Our Allstate payment and policy is based on the tradisnal payment plan. Meaning you send me a monthly statement and I pay. I will not allow anybody to direct debit my cards or checking acct's. If I have to go pay cash for my ins. thru my agent I will.. but I will not throw my acct's open to anybody. I will cancel ins. and bond myself before I do a **** stupid thing like that.

What gets me is I can have a buddy of mine write me for exactly half of what im paying to Allstate just 114 miles to the east in arkansas with the Travlers,, which is good all over the world... but not in oklahoma. that brings our kickback theiving ins. commisner into play.

Im also sick of ins. companys lobbying for laws that protect them. Not that its not good law.. but motive is for them. Seat belt laws, helment laws. maditory ins. laws.. on and on. If you check the history.. the ins. companys lobbied for most all modern ins. related laws. be it cars, home, life,,, whatever,, they have never been made accontable for the proof. Its all fuzzy math and pockets lined. well it will go up so much if you dont pass this law we cant provide ins... Have you ever met a poor ins. agent muchless a exect? No!!! They dont know what risk is. Ins. companys are the modern mafia.

Old 01-07-2006, 10:37 AM
Active Enthusiast

How old is your Accord?

Have you tried price comparisons online? You might be able to find something cheaper. There are tons of insurance companies out there.

Originally Posted by psyshack
I filed a complaint with Allstate today on the rate for the Civic and Accord both. I also filed a complaint with the Oklahoma Insurance Commisnor. Allstate was rattled, so I will see what happens. Ive been with them almost 20 years and havent cost those greedy bastards one red cent.

My middle daughter was wanting to buy a new Civic this weekend. when I told her what our Ins. is costing us she almost passed out. At 22 they will screw her to death. Shes a collage student. Going to graduate this spring. Do a intership and go back for her masters. She found out her first four years of collage have basicly been a waiste of time and money. So a masters is needed. I think we are going to look into a colbalt for her. She cant afford a screwing like I can. Hell if I would have thought in my wildist dreams a Civic Sedan was going to cost more than a Accord to insure I would have never bought it.

Old 01-09-2006, 04:05 AM
Go Army!

I'll second blueskies advice -- shop around. There are definitely companies out there where a Civic Sedan costs less to insure than an Accord Sedan.

(edit - Based on your mileage signature, your Civic is newer than the Accord and the Civic has a navigation system which the Accord does not have, right? Differences like that are going to push up your premium, regardless of make/model of the vehicle.)

Also, no insurance company is going to reduce your rates just because you complain about them being high.

Last edited by David Harville; 01-09-2006 at 04:08 AM.
Old 01-09-2006, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by David Harville
I'll second blueskies advice -- shop around. There are definitely companies out there where a Civic Sedan costs less to insure than an Accord Sedan.

(edit - Based on your mileage signature, your Civic is newer than the Accord and the Civic has a navigation system which the Accord does not have, right? Differences like that are going to push up your premium, regardless of make/model of the vehicle.)

Also, no insurance company is going to reduce your rates just because you complain about them being high.
Well of course the Civic is newer.... But it still a Civic. Allstate does discount for the navi. Insurance **** sure dosent go down as your car ages. There such theives. I got a call today from Allstate corprate. I was promised they are working on it to see what can be done. Everybody Ive spoken with is ashamed of the rate I was quoted as a long time custmer in good standing that always pays there bills and dosent make claims. They have done nothing but pure-d-a profited off my wife and I. I will drag state authoritys in.. well have. They will either drop the rate or give full disclosure of said rates, and prove there fuzzy math. I have rights as a consumer and a citzen of Oklahoma. And **** well better be treated with respect as a long term custmer.

Old 01-09-2006, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by blueskies
How old is your Accord?

Have you tried price comparisons online? You might be able to find something cheaper. There are tons of insurance companies out there.
Accord is a 05,, Civic 06. Am doing the comparison crud now. Did some over the weekend. Progressive is the cheapist so far. But there still to bloody high IMO. I have afew agents I still need to meet with to get store front quotes. I do not trust companys that dont have agents with offices in my community. I have family members that have been in insurance and they are quite clear. "Insurance Companys are Theives"

But Im better now.... Muha

Old 01-09-2006, 05:28 PM
G.H. Contributor
Exclamation Re: Insurance $UCKS on my Civic.

Originally Posted by psyshack
I will NEVER buy another Civic as long as I live! I knew the ins. for the Si and Coupe was going to be stupid high. But the Sedan? God this is absurd. $530.00 every six months for a damed Civic. Its $5.00 more than the Si quote I got from my agent. She was befuddled about all this. Full coverage, $500.00 deduct, 2.5 miles comute for work. Live in a small town of 13k in Oklahoma age of drivers 45 and 49. Perfect driving records. Every bloody discount Allstate offers.

Anybody else getting corn hold like this?

Its more than our Accord for gods sake!!! Things are not looking good for this car long term at all....
Okey psyshack;

As I gave you my word here is what my Insurance runs on the (Former-2005 Civic) and the (Incoming 2006 HCH).

I do-not have in front of me the exact break down on each catagory. I do know that we have all the normal coverage.

$500.00 Deduct Comp
$500.00 Deduct Collision

The Premium for 6-Months is $293.51 for the Incoming 2006 HCH:

The Premium for 6-Months is $293.00 for the 2005 Special Edition Civic (GONE) or (Traded-IN) if you like.

So there is a Total of $.51 Cents Difference between the 2005 & the 2006:

HTH

Terry

I guess I forgot this, "Tennessee State Farm Insurance"

Old 01-09-2006, 10:11 PM
now Insight, had an HCH

You think you insurance sucks? Try having a teenager in the house! My insurance went through the roof and straight into space. Last I heard it was going past Mars. It's VERY high.

Quick Reply: Insurance $UCKS on my Civic.

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands