Off Topic Politics, life, gadgets, people... gobbledygook.
View Poll Results: For hybrid owners only: Are you Democrat or Republican?
I am a Democrat
42.86%
I am a Republican
57.14%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Hybrid drivers, please read and help me :)

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 03:58 PM
Enthusiast
Default Hybrid drivers, please read and help me :)

Hello everyone, I was hoping you all could help me conduct some research for my college sociology class. My thesis topic is "Hybrid drivers/owners are more likely to be democrats.".

I am not asking you to state your political party if you do not wish to do so, but I hope that you will vote in the poll here and help me out.

Your names and other private information will be kept secret and not discussed in my paper. (Not that I have access to that kind of info anyways, but I thought it'd be good to let you guys know.)

Thank you very much, and I hope that you'll take the time to merely click "yes" or "no"

Old 10-26-2008, 05:03 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Hybrid drivers, please read and help me :)

Based on the title of your thesis, I would say you have already made up your mind and are looking for incidential documentation to support it, my answer is, yes, I am.

Old 10-26-2008, 05:38 PM
Enthusiast

Dem.

Old 10-26-2008, 07:29 PM
Active Enthusiast

I'm a conservative Republican for mostly moral reasons.

This idea that we don't drive hybrids because we somehow hate the environment is ridiculous. I love my hybrid and I take my responsibility as a caretaker of the earth as seriously as I reasonably can, while recognizing that God is ultimately in control.

I feel very strongly that environmental protection should extend to the unborn, that traditional families should be supported and that the government has no clue and should stay as small as possible. I also believe Mr. Obama's plans are pipe-dreams that the American tax payer can't afford. As a former Airman in the U.S.A.F. I also support our troops around the world and recognize that their sacrifice is about freedom, not oil.

Best Wishes on your report, I was also a sociology major in college.

Last edited by Ian33; 10-27-2008 at 08:05 PM.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:01 PM
Enthusiast

Oh no, I'm not saying anything about republicans hating the environment or anything like that! My whole family is republican and we care very much about the environment and do our part to help out.

I chose this topic because it sounded interesting and I wanted to see if the stereotype was true or false. I'm as unbiased as they come

On a different note, I truly appreciate your input! Thank you all very much!

Old 10-27-2008, 12:33 AM
Engineering first

Originally Posted by HybridChange
Hello everyone, I was hoping you all could help me conduct some research for my college sociology class.
Do you have a campus account under a ".edu" domain?

Originally Posted by HybridChange
My thesis topic is "Hybrid drivers/owners are more likely to be democrats.".
I'd recommend doing a Google search for "Kelly Blue Book hybrid president":

http://mediaroom.kbb.com/index.php?s=43&item=200
. . . Among owners of hybrid vehicles, Obama leads with 48 percent of the preferences, nine points more than McCain.
You don't have to be a Democrat to support Obama. The rest of their survey addresses your speculation.

Bob Wilson

Last edited by bwilson4web; 10-27-2008 at 12:43 AM.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:31 AM
Grand Sport

Republican - Long term. Love my Hybrid, Love my Corvette too!

Old 10-28-2008, 10:20 PM
Active Enthusiast

Not looking good for your hypothesis...

Conservative here (generally vote mostly Republican), and the majority of the responders of your poll at this moment are too!

Old 10-28-2008, 10:48 PM
Enthusiast

I was an Independent for 40 years until these last disastrous years under Geo W Bush and I knew I had to do everything possible to help sweep the Republicans from the White House and hopefully from Congress, as well. It took Bush 7 years to barely begin to acknowledge global warming, for heaven's sake. Sarah Palin still doesn't believe that mankind has influenced the climate. Yes, I am a Democrat.

Old 10-29-2008, 01:35 AM
Engineering first

Republican Congressman Roscoe Barnett standing in front of an NHW11 Prius. He owns a Prius:

I understand he has owned two.

Bob Wilson

Quick Reply: Hybrid drivers, please read and help me :)

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands