Off Topic Politics, life, gadgets, people... gobbledygook.
View Poll Results: How fast would YOU be going?
40 or less
0%
5.13%
7.69%
33.33%
25.64%
15.38%
70 or more
12.82%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

How Fast Would YOU Be Going?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 08:49 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default How Fast Would YOU Be Going?

How fast would YOU be going?

Old 06-07-2006, 12:57 PM
Hybrid True Believer
Default Re: How Fast Would YOU Be Going?

I think it would be cool if hybrid owners were allowed to as much as 40% above the speed limit without getting a ticket (because hybrids are 40% more efficient than a regular car). Then the SUV crowd would REALLY have some "hybrid hate" when they would see a Prius or HCH whiz on by at 85 MPH and not get a ticket, heh heh!

Old 06-07-2006, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by AshenGrey
I think it would be cool if hybrid owners were allowed to as much as 40% above the speed limit without getting a ticket (because hybrids are 40% more efficient than a regular car). Then the SUV crowd would REALLY have some "hybrid hate" when they would see a Prius or HCH whiz on by at 85 MPH and not get a ticket, heh heh!
Every Prius I've ever seen has passed me up. I drive at or 5 over the speed limit... in an '06 Ford Escape Hybrid. I wouldn't mind one drafting off me instead of all the impatient sports cars that keep getting glued to my bumper, but they're always going faster than I am.

Old 06-07-2006, 01:28 PM
Enthusiast

I would be going at max 10 miles above the limit in my HCH-II but not always,but for sure in Accord.

Old 06-07-2006, 02:01 PM
Vegetarian

At 55 I'd have no reason not to go the speed limit.

Old 06-07-2006, 02:46 PM
It is easy being green

I have found that on long flat streches of road my "sweet spot" is 40-50mph

Old 06-07-2006, 04:06 PM
Engineering first

Although 55 mph is tempting, I know from my MPH vs. MPG that 60 mph works too. But if I came upon someone doing 55 mph, say a large truck, I'd decrement the cruise control, back off so others could easily pass and pull-in, and enjoy watching the world pass by.

Bob Wilson

Old 06-07-2006, 06:13 PM

Well, I must say, I'm surprised. Right now there are more people who say they'd do the speed limit or below (14) than would be speeding (10). I'm going to have to conclude that we do not have a representative sample here of the drivers on the road. Shocking, I know- hybrid drivers, not going along with the norm. What WILL they think of next?

Old 06-07-2006, 08:33 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Originally Posted by GeekGal
Every Prius I've ever seen has passed me up. I drive at or 5 over the speed limit... in an '06 Ford Escape Hybrid. I wouldn't mind one drafting off me instead of all the impatient sports cars that keep getting glued to my bumper, but they're always going faster than I am.

Too true. Every hybrid of every make I have ever seen has passed me save for a single Prius.

Old 06-07-2006, 09:25 PM

From memory, the majority of the hybrid speeders I've seen have been the Prius. And mostly driven by retirees (I live near three age 50+ cities).

The HCH has been the slowest, as a group. But there are plenty of them that are right along with normal speeds.

I once got blown-by (I was doing 70 mph) by an Insight! At that time, I had no idea those cars could go that fast!

The few HAH's I've seen have been right along with traffic. I've seen less than 10 of them.

I've yet to spot a TCH. And on a side note, I've hated the looks of the Camry for years now. I think the last time they made a car I liked was in the mid 90's. But the '07 Camry looks sharp!

I've seen a few HiHy. Mostly moving right along with traffic. Same with the RX300h.

FEH too. Moving along like everyone else. I've never spotted an MMH. I'm sure they're out there! I just don't know what to look for.

But, I've yet to see a hypermilier, of any model, tooling in the right lane.

Quick Reply: How Fast Would YOU Be Going?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands