Off Topic Politics, life, gadgets, people... gobbledygook.
View Poll Results: Does someone tailgating you get you worried?
yes
65.57%
no
19.67%
don't care
14.75%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Following Too Closely

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 01:40 PM
my other car is a FJORD
Default Re: Following Too Closely

it really torques me off to have someone on my rear. i tap the lights to see if they will back off. sometimes yes, sometimes no. i have been known to slow down enough to make them upset enough to finally go around. i drive just about 60 on the 4 lane going home, where the limit is 65. there is almost always room to pass, so i won't speed up to make them happy. if it's on a 2 lane, i might speed up, but more likely will slow down more and gesture them to pass.

one thing i notice though, is that if someone is tailgating me, and they back off when i tap the brakes, and then keep coming back, there's a distinct possibility that the idiot's on a cell phone and not paying attention to his/her driving.

Old 01-12-2006, 05:06 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Tailgaters provoke themselves, especially when the guy they are following is doing the speed limit or a little better. Their logic is: get annoyed at the guy in front of you, even if you have an easy pass, becasue he is not doing the same speed as the tailgater. Oh well, not everyone uses logic or common sense to move their life forward.

Old 01-12-2006, 07:02 PM
Banned

What annoys me is power trucks/Jumbo SUVs with the headlights on at night. I'd love to have blinding flashbulbs to counter...

Old 01-12-2006, 07:36 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Or, an oil slick ejector...

http://www.metimes.com/articles/norm...3-101207-9680r

I'll be working security at said event.

Old 01-17-2006, 08:31 AM
Banned
Default Sports Car Got Under My Skin

It was just before dawn and this just-purchaced small sports car races just inches from my rear bumper from nowhere. Had that annoying back-and-forth impatient swerve as he was tailgating. I did my own swerve with an attitude, and I changed lanes a half minute later. He raced past everybody. Yes, I know he could be on crack, etc... but I was going the limit (60mph) and he had a lane to the left to pass when traffic allowed.

I'd love for him to do this by mistake to a gravel truck.

Old 01-18-2006, 11:41 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

In Mississippi, the cops like to tailgate out-of-state drivers in their unmarked cars, then pull them over if they speed up or change lanes without signaling. I didn't get a ticket -- they claimed my car "matched the description of some crook's." (Yeah, right.)

Old 01-18-2006, 08:05 PM

Old 01-18-2006, 08:12 PM

Old 01-18-2006, 08:15 PM
now Insight, had an HCH

Had an interesting one this afternoon.

I was in the right lane decellerating from 50 in a 45 to go to an upcoming 20mph school zone. This guy comes swerving up in the left lane (70mph in a 45) rides the car's rear who was ahead and in the left lane. I slowed down a bit and let him "slip through" as I knew he was going to do it. We were now a good 1/6 mile from the school zone. Once he was clear and a way ahead I hit the horn. That got the atention of the cop standing in the median who jumped out into the street and signaled the speeding car to pull over! He gave him a 20 second long "slow down" warning as I passed. 2 miles later the car caught up again and passed.....

Old 01-18-2006, 08:19 PM

Priceless...

It's a shame speeding in a schoolzone only netted him a verbal warning.

Quick Reply: Following Too Closely

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands