Off Topic Politics, life, gadgets, people... gobbledygook.

Design Attack - Black Ice (Photoshop work)

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 01:21 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Design Attack - Black Ice (Photoshop work)

Well, I wanted to create something to make my posts... a little more interesting, since I dont really ever have anything "interesting" to say. LMAO!

Name:  BlackIceHybrid.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  21.7 KB

I probably should not have posted it here since its going to be on my signature, but I did it anyways.

Anybody else a graphic designer ? or like to play with Photoshop ?

Old 12-11-2007, 03:34 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Design Attack - Black Ice

That's a beautiful automobile, and nice graphics work.

I've been doing 3D and animation with Lightwave http://www.newtek.com for about 6 years now. I started in Photoshop 3 years ago and currently use CS3.

Some of my work is here: www.stevedez.com. Look for 3D and animation galleries at the top.
GreenHybrid used my Chia Pet Prius as part of a logo for some time:

Followed by a funny Prius animation here:
http://www.stevedez.com/cg/ani/prius-jump.mpg

It's a fascinating hobby.

-Steve

Last edited by Hot_Georgia_2004; 12-11-2007 at 03:42 PM.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:56 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Design Attack - Black Ice (Photoshop work)

Is that a sasquatch'd prius?

Old 12-11-2007, 04:01 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Design Attack - Black Ice

Originally Posted by Hot_Georgia_2004
That's a beautiful automobile, and nice graphics work.

I've been doing 3D and animation with Lightwave http://www.newtek.com for about 6 years now. I started in Photoshop 3 years ago and currently use CS3.

Some of my work is here: www.stevedez.com. Look for 3D and animation galleries at the top.
GreenHybrid used my Chia Pet Prius as part of a logo for some time:

Followed by a funny Prius animation here:
http://www.stevedez.com/cg/ani/prius-jump.mpg

It's a fascinating hobby.

-Steve
That is some awsome work. I have been doing more website lately. I started off with just doing signatures. I have my signatures stored in several locations.

Here are a couple examples... from the TONS I have done
Name:  omarvelous.gif
Views: 51
Size:  118.4 KB

Name:  HotSkateanimated.gif
Views: 78
Size:  52.4 KB

Name:  FINALFANTASY3.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  26.1 KB

Name:  abstractANIMATION.gif
Views: 346
Size:  92.1 KB

Name:  PANdaMAN2.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  96.9 KB

Name:  DXLTESTING.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  29.1 KB

Name:  BNWBLACK.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  62.0 KB

Here are two for the MEN out there in this world

Name:  VIDALARGE.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  113.3 KB

Name:  BLACKICE.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  106.7 KB

Old 12-11-2007, 05:20 PM
Engineering first

How do you deal with copyrights? Is there some convention beyond buying a disk of images that solves the problem?

Bob Wilson

Old 12-11-2007, 06:27 PM
my other car is a FJORD

Originally Posted by Black Ice
Well, I wanted to create something to make my posts... a little more interesting, since I dont really ever have anything "interesting" to say. LMAO!

I probably should not have posted it here since its going to be on my signature, but I did it anyways.

Anybody else a graphic designer ? or like to play with Photoshop ?
i can answer yet to both questions. nice work

Old 12-11-2007, 08:47 PM

I do some photoshop work myself, but I am not all that good. I taught myself by reading books. I don't have a whole lot of time to practice, but I have designed a few shirts and bumper stickers. They are nothing compared to your guys' work though.

Old 12-12-2007, 06:40 AM

bwilson4web
How do you deal with copyrights?
Most of the images I need are generic texture photos such as wood, rock, metal etc which I place onto an object I've created.
I usually use Google images for those: there are many free sources. Other times I'll go out with my Coolpix camera and get them myself.
Sometimes I'll use "questionable" copyrited material, such as my Dr. Evil avatar or this one:

That is an avitar I made using the background of President GWB with a Twisted Sister photo in his place.
I don't think they'd mind- At least I hope not. Most of the time I do make an effort to find/contact the publisher and ask for permission.

Black Ice:
I like how your work reflects some kind of action: Something is going on in each of your examples. It's quality. Is that your profession or just a hobby?

At one time I wanted to get some formal training and seek a professional position- but I also realize there's lots of real stiff job competition from the "Younger" folks so never pursued it.
There's always a possibility that an enjoyed hobby would grow burdensome under deadlines and demands, and I have zero experience in business management.

giantquesadilla:
I also have zero training other than books, online tutorials, a couple instructional DVD's and also read help files.
Sounds like we are in the same boat- Just enjoying being creative in the little time we have to spend doing so.

-Steve

Last edited by Hot_Georgia_2004; 12-12-2007 at 06:46 AM.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:08 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bwilson4web
How do you deal with copyrights? Is there some convention beyond buying a disk of images that solves the problem?

Bob Wilson
Well as already mentioned, you can either create your own images or get your own "model" that is willing to take a picture and be used.

When it comes to signatures for forums, it really does not cross the line. What really matters is your intent in use. When it comes to a business, then I create everything from scratch and see where it takes me. Sometimes I have to go out and snap some pics.

Originally Posted by Hot_Georgia_2004
Black Ice:
I like how your work reflects some kind of action: Something is going on in each of your examples. It's quality. Is that your profession or just a hobby?
It started as just a hobby. From a hobby it became competition, on a forum I used to be a member on. One of the members told me that I should design websites with the skill I have. At the time I had no idea how to create websites. I picked up that skill as well by myself. I learned from reading articles online and just playing with the program. I have been doing it for a couple years now.

Some examples of my work:
www.TripageLED.com
www.ChinaMystique.net
www.SeftInstitute.com

Above I have mentioned a couple websites that I designed. To be honest, I love creating designs that come to life (websites). The only problem is that its very time consuming, maybe its because I am a picky person when it comes to design. Either way, you will always have that "customer" who tells you one thing... but has no vision... so when its completed, you are making about 383492034390 more changes to make them happy. Its a side job that helps me pay for my motorcycle addiction, but not something I can see myself doing for the rest of my life. I work full time and go to school fulltime. I try and manage my time as best as I can, and work arround it to make a little extra money.

Anyways, I appreciate your interest in my work. I have found a new home to kill time at work, and hybrid information is where it is at right now. So you guys will see more of me. If I ever find time to be bored, I will suprise some people with custom signature designs.

Old 12-18-2007, 04:34 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Black Ice
So you guys will see more of me. If I ever find time to be bored, I will suprise some people with custom signature designs.
As mentioned before I guess here goes the first.... SUPRISE

noflash - COME AND GET IT!!!

Name:  noflash.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  35.2 KB

Direct Link to Signature
Code:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y234/GOT_BOOST06/noflash.jpg

Quick Reply: Design Attack - Black Ice (Photoshop work)

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands