Off Topic Politics, life, gadgets, people... gobbledygook.

Conflicted: news for paranoids

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 08:25 AM
Engineering first
Cool Conflicted: news for paranoids

http://www.bizjournals.com/eastbay/s...4/daily85.html

. . .
Alexander Farrell, an associate professor in the Energy and Resources Group at the University of California, Berkeley, who was helping California chart a course to reduce carbon dioxide emissions, died earlier this week at his home in San Francisco, according to the university.

The cause of death was not disclosed. Farrell was 46.

Farrell, who joined the UC-Berkeley faculty in 2003 and became director of the campus's Transportation Sustainability Research Center in 2006, was an expert on transportation fuels and the role played by transportation in climate change.

His research focused on biofuels, hybrid electric vehicles and hydrogen vehicles, the low-carbon fuel standard and transportation sustainability.
. . .
In a world that includes conspiracy theories that date back to the Lincoln assassination, I am loath to draw much attention to Farrell's death. But paranoids can have enemies . . . and then there is MI-5 . For those who do not wear tin foil hats, this is something in passing. For those who wear tin foil hats, more joy . <grumble>

Bob Wilson

Old 04-18-2008, 11:36 AM
Think green.
Default Re: Conflicted: news for paranoids

Reminds me of an exchange between characters on my favorite TV show:
Teal'c
: To whom are you referring?
Martin Lloyd: You know, "Them"? The secret government?
[waits for them to understand, but they don't]
Martin Lloyd: The-the New World Order? Black helicopters, underground bases? Don't you guys read the papers?

But seriously, sorry to hear that such a young man has passed away. May his work continue through the efforts of others.

Old 05-14-2008, 05:03 AM
Active Enthusiast

Bush Did It!!

Old 05-14-2008, 01:46 PM
Old Boomer Techie

No, in this case I think CARB had more to do with it. Maybe they didn't actually hate his guts, but they sure got tired of him pointing out their political shortcomings (and goings ... mostly into big oil and long term alternative fuel boon-doggles)