Tire Replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 09:21 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Tire Replacement?

I have my tires pumped to 35 psi ('07 NAH). I have rotated them every 12-15K miles. They are the original Continetals that came on the car. I am averaging 40-42 mpg in the summer and mid 30s in the winter. I have 82K miles on these original tires, but I will finally replace them this Nov./Dec. just in time for the winter season. By then I should have gotten 88-90K miles on them. No complaints!! I had heard the tires they put on the Altimas were junk. I am waiting for the "buy three get one free" deal from the dealership and I will definately replace the tires with the same Continentals!

Old 08-08-2010, 02:39 PM
Active Enthusiast

Honestly, the Continentals do fine for a regular diver or high mileage driver, but for me, I didnt realise how bad they were until I switched (I had just blamed it as part of the car) But as soon as i switched, I realsied how much a compromose in performance there was in getting the mileage. Nonetheless, the tires are good enough for most people and certainly help in the mileage dept.

As for COntinentals, check TireRack.com as they seem to have decent deals on them.

Old 08-09-2010, 07:43 AM
Active Enthusiast

the conti's are horrible. I'm just waiting for mine to wear out!

Old 08-09-2010, 02:56 PM
Active Enthusiast

^ so they are not THAT horrible that you would replace them and just sell them? I would have if I thought they were THAT bad.

Old 09-14-2010, 04:47 PM
Active Enthusiast

Any one used any of the new Michelin High Mileage/Fuel Efficient tires?

Old 11-08-2010, 11:55 AM
Active Enthusiast

Its been awhile so I thought I'd update my thoughts on these Grid 019 bridgestones as a replacement tire for my 07 NAH.

The rains started this week and I remembered the cautiousness I drove with on the OEM Continentals. While they did fine, there was always that lack of confidence that caused me to feel insecure when the weather was not perfect.

The Bridgestones I have on now have been a drag in terms of mileage (- 1-2 mpg) but I believe I can attribute part of that to the confidence it inspires in driving which certainly affects the way I drive. I think I use the 197hp on occassion now and it makes the car that much more enjoyable to drive when it handles so well AND still gets 30+mpg.

But as said before, for those who are concerned about maintaining mileage and have no issues with the OEM tire performance, stick with LRR type tires and the car will still be fine.

Old 11-13-2010, 07:59 PM
Enthusiast

I've been very happy with the Yokohama AVID ENVigor. I got the H rated though they have a V rated version too. I've had them on my NAH for aprox 30k miles and they show very little wear. They handle much, much better than the conti's that were OEM. I paid around 89 ea. which was a lot less than the Michelins I was considering. The Yokohama site has a good description on the technology of this all new tire they just put out. My fuel economy hasn't noticeably changed but again, the handling, especially wet roads, is like day an night compared to the OEM tires. No vibration, and quiet operation. I give them a AAA rating. Hope that helps. By the way, before I bought the Yokohama's I put Dunlop SP Winter Sport M3's on for my first winter because I was afraid of getting stuck since we can't turn off our traction control. These are awesome in the snow and still great high speed tires. But since I got the Yokohama's in the Spring I think they probably would be fine all year round.

Old 11-22-2010, 08:59 AM
Active Enthusiast

I just got Michelin Hydroedges for my NAH, overall my car feels more stable. haven't had too much inclimate weather yet, but we'll see when it starts snowing. I'll give an update once I register more miles on the tires

Old 11-26-2010, 08:33 AM
Enthusiast

I tried the Avid Envigors and they're great tires - super sticky on cornering and after 1000 miles, the mileage improves. The only downside is the stiff sidewall. If you inflate over recommended pressures, you'll feel every pebble in the road. But at recommended inflation pressures (33 psi), it feels like a firm sports-oriented tire. I removed them after 1000 miles because I felt like I was giving up some mileage, an I commute 40K+ miles a year.

I switched to the Continental ContiProContact EcoPlus. I wasn't a huge fan of the OEM tires (poor wet traction, average handling), but they did last 80K miles, and I could probably have gotten another 20K out of them if winter/rainy season weren't approaching.

The EcoPlus tires are very comfortable and, despite having the same tread pattern as the OEM Continentals, are more grippy in corners, have better wet traction, and gas mileage has been almost the same as with the OEM tires. There is minor MPG loss since I'm now on full tread depth tires versus the OEM tires that were at 4/32 of an inch.