Picked up another Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 04:45 PM
Insipid Enthusiast
Default Picked up another Hybrid

Hey everyone, wanted to let you know that I decided to get another hybrid. Went with the 2010 Prius. Handed down the NAH to the wife. I will now have great comparison data to share with anyone who may be interested. I only have the car one day, drove it home from the dealer 75 miles. So far, without resetting any gauges, its getting 47.6mpg. That was all highway except for the test drives at the dealer. I can easily say that the NAH accelerates like a sports car compared to the Prius. The NAH is a little more spacious in the cabin but the Prius has a huge trunk area. The higher MPG seems a lot more attainable in the Prius. The NAH is a little more comfortable but that may be because it was familiar. Got the Prius II for 23,188 included lo-jack and nano bond and convenience package with bluetooth and smart key. Feel free to fire off your questions.

Old 07-19-2009, 06:45 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Picked up another Hybrid

Very cool! I highly recommend joining Priuschat if you haven't already. I'm fairly active over there and there are very knowledgeable folks there who have done lots of research and reverse engineering.

I've only test driven (a pre-production) 2010 Prius 2x and didn't get to take on the highway. I can safely say that my mom's NAH is almost a rocket ship compared to my 110 hp 06 Prius.

Old 07-19-2009, 06:54 PM
Active Enthusiast

Does the 2010 Prius finally have telescopic steering? back in 07 when my wife and I chose the NAH, one of the reasons was I just could not get my 6ft+ body comfortable in the 07 Prius. The NAH wasn't just a little more comfortable, it was miles more. It was also much better then the Camry, which had a horrible center column my legs kept banging into all the time.

I actually find all Nissans to be more comfortable then the comparable Toyotas. My Versa is much more comfortable then the Yaris as well.

Old 07-19-2009, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Ian33
Does the 2010 Prius finally have telescopic steering? back in 07 when my wife and I chose the NAH, one of the reasons was I just could not get my 6ft+ body comfortable in the 07 Prius.
Yes, this got added on the 3rd gen (2010).

I've heard complaints (some very loud) on Priuschat about very tall drivers not fitting well in the previous gen (04 to 09). I'm only 5' 8", so there's no complaints from me.

Old 07-20-2009, 05:44 AM
Active Enthusiast

Keep us updated, please!
My next car is going to be the Aptera.

http://www.aptera.com/

Old 07-20-2009, 02:11 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ian33
I actually find all Nissans to be more comfortable then the comparable Toyotas. My Versa is much more comfortable then the Yaris as well.
I concur. My back starts to hurts after driving my mom's Camry. After driving for 8 hours yesterday, I was still pretty comfortable in my NAH

Old 07-23-2009, 03:49 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cwerdna
Yes, this got added on the 3rd gen (2010).

I've heard complaints (some very loud) on Priuschat about very tall drivers not fitting well in the previous gen (04 to 09). I'm only 5' 8", so there's no complaints from me.
That was one of the big reasons I chose the Altima over the Prius. I didn't want to have to drive hunched over.

We're kicking around the idea of getting a new hybrid for my wife next year. So far she likes the escape or the prius and she hasn't seen the new prius model yet.

Old 07-23-2009, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by stephen431
So far she likes the escape or the prius and she hasn't seen the new prius model yet.
Do look into the Ford Fusion Hybrid as well besides another NAH.

The 2010 Prius has a TON of improvements over the previous gen.

Old 07-24-2009, 05:42 PM
Insipid Enthusiast

Yeah, I really wanted to try the new technology in the Fusion but could not get anyone to negotiate below 29,000, too bad.

Old 07-25-2009, 07:00 PM
Insipid Enthusiast

Ok, done with my first tank in the 2010 prius. 483 miles on 8.973 gallons. Display read 55.1 mpg / hand calc was 53.82
Better yet, after refueling and driving home 60 miles I'm averaging 65.5 mpg. I have to say that is substantial over the EPA rating of 51. I have to thank the NAH, for the past year it has allowed me to acquire efficient driving skills and techniques. Disappointing is the small 11.9 gal tank in the prius, only 483 miles. I had gotten used to the 700-800 mile tank, trust me it will be missed.

Quick Reply: Picked up another Hybrid

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands