Need Help 09 ALTIMA HYBRID wiring problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 10:27 PM
Enthusiast
Default Need Help 09 ALTIMA HYBRID wiring problem

Hello. I have a salvage 09 altima hybrid. When car was put together by the shop it came out fine and we never had a problem. But then one day something happened and it wouldnt start. It would completely work on the hybrid system you could drive it but it wouldnt start, then we found a problem it was a broken wire to the ECU. We soldered that and never had a problem until we had to take off the ecu. To make long story short now car will act up.

Car will drive the whole day for like 60 miles without a single problem or check engine light, then it will randomly die and will only work on hybrid system again. Engine will idle and car will drive on the battery with engine idling. It use to be that u restart it and keep going after. But then you would have to restart it more and more. Now it sometimes works but mostly doesnt. Could it be a bad ecu? could it work one day and then not work the other? what is responsible for turning on and off the engine? the diagram of connectors would be very nice... But if it would be a bad wire it wouldnt start working after restarting the car? i need some help and dont want to tow the car to dealer at this point would rather mess with it my self for now.

And i want to replace the connectors since they are not in the best shape since i took them off the ecu so much, which car would have the same ecu connectors i could cut them off of? Im sorry its my first thread on this forum and i have a long explanation but would be really nice if somebody helped me out with this. I checked all the wires they seem to be fine not broken or anything. Is there a reley that could be going bad? or ecu? or possibly wire connectors? Will regular altimas ecu work with hybrid? im sorry so many questions.

So problem is Car will drive on hybrid system only. Engine is idling and "charging" the battery if you let it idle for a lil while. Then when u take off it drives on hybrid system with engine reving just a little bit higher then idling. after restarting it so many times it might work one time on you and could drive all day, or stop in quarter of mile. If you drive on hybrid only it will reach like 30 miles per hour shake and engine dies turning on all the hybrid system lights. So im wondering could it be a bad ecu? or some wire next to ecu? what system actually works with switching that maybe some connection i could check. Problem is SIMPLE. because it can drive just fine its just matter of finding it. And i think its ECU or WIRING around because problem never started until i took it off.

Last edited by Artsem; 05-01-2012 at 06:35 AM.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:57 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Need Help 09 ALTIMA HYBRID wiring problem

I've had that problem not with a Hybrid, but with an old '89 Nissan Maxima where the car would drive fine up until I came to a stop. Somewhere during the time my car was idling, the engine just shut off. Had to take it to the local mechanic a couple times and they had no clue what was wrong until they experienced the car dying for themselves.

Turns out it was a fuel injector problem combined with minor electrical malfunctions. You might see if that's the problem, but then again, my experience wasn't with a Hybrid. Hope the problem gets fixed!