NAH question about service

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 11:12 PM
Enthusiast
Default NAH question about service

I am considering the NAH and the TCH. My understanding is that the NAH is only sold in a few states and I live in Washington State. My daughter lives in San Jose. If I visit my daughter and buy an NAH there and drive it home will I be able to get normal service/warranty service???

Anyone know? Thanks in advance.

Old 08-05-2008, 06:14 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: NAH question about service

you need to call your local nissan dealers and ask them if they have a hybrid certified technician. you can also ask to see if they can trade for a NAH

Old 09-16-2008, 04:47 PM
Enthusiast

I realize that this is a rather old thread but, it's my first post in the forum, and I figured I could add to the original line of thought.

I have ~4,200 miles on my '08 NAH and am lov'n it so far. I just had it serviced in my home state, PA, after purchasing in NJ. Although the PA dealership had a certified technician (thanks to this forum, I was aware that I needed to ask about it), they did not even come close to meeting my expectations. They used Mobil One 5W30, after I specifically asked if they stocked and would use 0W20. I added a set of winter tires/wheels, and purchased additional TPMS sensors to make the seasonal swap easier. Well, after driving 5 miles, the sensor light ignited and never went out.

This was the first hybrid the dealership worked on, and after a variety of other service missteps and my "blowing my stack," they significantly discounted the work and set things straight. The caveat here, at least from my perspective, is understand what Nissan recommends when servicing the hybrid, and have a lengthy discussion with your service folks to make sure they understand it too.

On a related note, the service manager mentioned that PA would be receiving shipments and selling NAH's beginning in January.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:10 AM
Active Enthusiast

^or you can just purchase 0w-20 yourself (it's about the same price as the dealership) and give them the oil during the oil change. it should be a discounted oil change (around $15)

Old 09-17-2008, 04:00 PM
Enthusiast

^Good advice, and something that I considered doing... until a family member convinced me that I wouldn't (read shouldn't) need to do that. I learned...

Old 09-18-2008, 05:36 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Allin4greeN
^Good advice, and something that I considered doing... until a family member convinced me that I wouldn't (read shouldn't) need to do that. I learned...
What was the reason? I've read only positive things about 0W20 synthetic and it's contribution to fuel efficiency.

Old 09-18-2008, 11:54 AM
Active Enthusiast

i think he was referring to buying your own oil and taking it to the dealership

Old 09-18-2008, 02:29 PM
Enthusiast

Yes, I was referring to the BYO option. Sound advice because, and I could be wrong but, I doubt that there's currently a high demand for 0W20 from the majority of consumers.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:10 AM
Active Enthusiast

probably not at the nissan dealership. still expensive at walmart/autozone, etc. no 5 quart jugs yet

Old 09-20-2008, 06:49 PM
Active Enthusiast

Mobil-1 has 0W20 in a 5 quart container, but it's very hard to find. Found it once months ago, but haven't seen it since. It's hard enough just finding it at all recently.

Quick Reply: NAH question about service

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands