NAH that HANDLES!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 06:57 AM
Enthusiast
Default NAH that HANDLES!!!

I just couldn't take the mushy sidewalls of the Conti OEM tires anymore. Yes, they give a very plush, motor boat ride. Just not my thing having come from racing karts. I also wanted to upgrade the wheels if possible.

Here's the sick deal, the Altima Coupe comes with some very nice 17" wheels and rather sticky & slighter wider tires while maintaining the same OD of the tire so nothing changes.

I bought a set of "take-off" wheels and tires with 50 miles on them for $600.00. The car handles extremely flat with very little/no tire roll. The ride is just a tad bit stiffer and no difference in mileage that I can see.

For those of you looking to stay somewhat Nissan "stock" and enjoy driving, this is the way to go IMHO.

Old 12-11-2007, 11:48 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: NAH that HANDLES!!!

you got any pictures?

Old 12-28-2007, 04:12 PM
Enthusiast

I'm thinking of doing the same, but getting the 18" maxima wheels instead. I also would like to see some pics if you have some

Old 12-29-2007, 08:58 AM
Enthusiast

They're not so mushy at higher psi.

But regardless of that, I'm interested in the wheels you're speaking of. Got any easy links?

-Gren

Old 01-01-2008, 07:19 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zerodeefex
I'm thinking of doing the same, but getting the 18" maxima wheels instead. I also would like to see some pics if you have some
if u really want to go 18" maxima make sure u changed the tires to 225 instead of the 245 or else u'll killing the gas at least 5-8MPG also will rub if there is back passages. i had brought a set of 18"maxima but for the gas milages i sold and make some $ out of it

Old 01-04-2008, 06:56 AM
Enthusiast

You can see the wheels at www.nissanusa.com
Select "Altima Coupe", then "build you car", then look at the 3.5 SE model shown, those are the stock 17" wheels for the SE model. The tire OD is the same as the stock NAH Contis.

I didn't want to go w 18's because you will have a larger OD and I didn't want to risk the "hybrid warranty" if you know what I mean!

Personally, when I ran the Contis at a higher pressure, they scared me....

Old 01-08-2008, 03:38 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tim A
You can see the wheels at www.nissanusa.com
Select "Altima Coupe", then "build you car", then look at the 3.5 SE model shown, those are the stock 17" wheels for the SE model. The tire OD is the same as the stock NAH Contis.

I didn't want to go w 18's because you will have a larger OD and I didn't want to risk the "hybrid warranty" if you know what I mean!

Personally, when I ran the Contis at a higher pressure, they scared me....
I'd take the 18s with a lower profile and possibly some shorter, stiffer springs. The stock ride is a little soft for me and I'd love to have a much sportier feel.

Old 01-08-2008, 04:58 PM
Enthusiast

Oh I know, not to mention the 4X4 wheel well clearance in front....

I understand we have springs from the 3.5 Altima to offset our "little piggy" front ends.

I'm wondering how much the stock 2.5 Altima springs would change the ride height in front ?

I would think they would drop the car a little bit lower than a stock 2.5 Altima due to our added weight, without giving the traditional Eibach harsh ride and or porpoising....

I will have to check on pricing for just the front springs, let you know.

Old 01-09-2008, 06:44 PM
Enthusiast

I'm looking at different wheel options. I like he 06/07 350z 18s, but I'm scared of what the offset is and if the wheels are staggered since it's RWD. If they fit, I might get a set of those and the eibach pro springs. It will be pretty stiff, but I'd take them over the sportlines which will most likely be a ridiculously rough ride.

Originally Posted by Tim A
Oh I know, not to mention the 4X4 wheel well clearance in front....

I understand we have springs from the 3.5 Altima to offset our "little piggy" front ends.

I'm wondering how much the stock 2.5 Altima springs would change the ride height in front ?

I would think they would drop the car a little bit lower than a stock 2.5 Altima due to our added weight, without giving the traditional Eibach harsh ride and or porpoising....

I will have to check on pricing for just the front springs, let you know.

Old 01-10-2008, 02:25 AM
Enthusiast

it will fit... but don't do u any good coz the offset like 20 something or 30 and our is 45. why not get those G35 18" from the 4 door or M35 & 45 but they are 19

Quick Reply: NAH that HANDLES!!!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands