My NAH lost power on freeway

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 10:28 AM
Enthusiast
Default My NAH lost power on freeway

Yesterday, I was driving on freeway 5 to Sacramento, I got the problem, first, the dashboard light PS, VDC, hybrid system warning and electronically controlled brake warning light on, then I found I lost power, the power needle sink to bottom and I pulled over roadside, turn system off. Then I started again, everything back to normal. Later when I come back, it happen again, did the same thing, the car is running normally. I am worried if it will happen again. Anyone have the same experience and have some help. I will call dealer for appointment to see what's the problem.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:53 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: My NAH lost power on freeway

I've had the VDC light come on before, but it went away and I never lost power. Good luck at the dealer!

Old 10-07-2009, 02:47 PM
Enthusiast

After several day's normal driving since power lose on freeway, it does not start Yesterday when I was out of work, all the light except green ready light are on. I took company car home, coming back today, at first it started, then it died on the road. It was towed to dealer for repair. They first think the battery is low and charged it for a few hours, and it still have problem, They contacted to manufacturer and decided to have more works on it and may need rewire it. So they gave me another Altima (regular) rental for driving. Hope they can figure out the problem and make it back to me soon.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:50 AM
Active Enthusiast

good luck and keep us posted!

Old 10-12-2009, 11:47 AM
Enthusiast

I took my NAH back last Friday! The dealership told me they checked everything, following the direction of Nissan, checked all the connection by disconnnect and reconnect, brake switch, all electronic parts. No Problem! They test drived for 40 miles, NO problem again! So I get it back with many unknowns. It works fine now. One thing everyone should know you can force start your gas engine by holding the start button and fully depress the gas pedal several times in case of emergency not working. Be very careful with the dashboard light, do not drive with warning light on (some may not matter, some do matters). If the warning light is on, turn off the system, and turn on again, in most of case, warning light will be off, then you may be able to drive. Hope everyone good luck.