Hey Gripper

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 11:01 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Hey Gripper

When does it cool off in Arizona? How many more weeks of summer heat do you have?

We want to go to Pheonix in September, but I don't want sweltering weather.

Old 08-02-2007, 11:44 AM
Need a Plug
Default Re: Hey Gripper

The Monsoon has come so the temps have moderated and the humidity has risen form 5-9% to 35-45%. The will usually go away by the middle of September and humidity will start dropping again..

It's hard to give yo an answer as the weather from year to year (at least in my 25 years here) is so variable. The end of September on can be wonderfull or can be a bit hot. But the really bad stuff is just now on the way out.

It's so pretty out in Scottsdale you will love it no matter when you arrive, but latter in the year it just get better and better. June thru Aug are the bad months add a 1/2 month on each end for acceptable and 8 months of wondeful. So enjoy your trip.

Old 08-02-2007, 12:12 PM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks for the info.

The last time my husband was there he drove all through the navajo and Hopi reservations. He said it was the most beautiful drive of his life... which is saying something since he did the drive through the Yukon to Alaska.

Old 08-02-2007, 04:05 PM
Enthusiast

Daily averages for Phoenix in September:
http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/psr/climate/...=PHX&parm=Norm

I can't find anything about average dewpoints. For me, dewpoint is better at determining how comfortable it is.
For me:
40s is awesome, maybe too dry
50s is great
low 60s is good
high 60s is uncomfortable
70 is horrible

weather.gov has tons of info, if not always easy to find. It's the NOAA site, and where most other sites get their basics. The "graphical forecast" is awesome, as it includes dewpoint thru the day.

weather.com is ok..., but it certainly has the useful average stuff more easily accessible:
http://www.weather.com/weather/wxcli...66?from=search
Their numbers are slightly different for September, but about the same:
http://www.weather.com/weather/wxcli...6?climoMonth=9

Here's a decent Phoenix climate overview:
http://geography.asu.edu/cerveny/wxpart1.htm#dew2

I don't know how you do it down there. I'm dying up here in MA. I can't wait for ski season...

Mrs Khan and I drove out to Canyon de Chelly once (thru Navajo and Hopi lands), and it really is amazing land. The Anasazi cliff dwellings in Canyon de Chelly are mindblowing.

-Gren

Old 08-02-2007, 08:34 PM
Need a Plug
Smile Re: Hey Gripper

You will probably not like September. If the Monsoon leaves by mid September the Dewpoint will drop from the mid 60's to around 52. But It very well may not go away that soon.

I like the summers except for a couple of months. Lived in Michigan and hated hated it. I don't like cold, i don't like grey. Va was way to wet for me. Lived in Florida for many years and loved everything except the humidity and bugs.

Lived all over Calif and liked it all, Prices were tough for nice homes.

Here in Scottsdale, the Weather is mostly dry even have less than 10% - 15% RH a lot of the time, Love it. No bigs, Love it. No snow Love it, No Ice Love it. I guess it part of why it's the fastest growing part of the country. Did I mention the great resturants and the 16 golf Courses.

Last edited by GripperDon; 08-02-2007 at 10:58 PM.