Active Enthusiast
Lightbulb Good Altima Hybrid Review

http://www.autobloggreen.com/2007/04...altima-hybrid/

Review, photos and video.

Enjoy!

Old 04-09-2007, 07:10 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Good Altima Hybrid Review

Interesting to note he only got 32.4 MPG average. The jury is still out on what we are getting... but I cycled through the little indicator on the dash that is supposed to tell you your MPG... and it said we are averaging 34.5 MPG. I think that is a little off... and I think we are doing a little better than that... but I may be fooling myself. I won't really know for sure till we get to the bottom of the tank and refill.

According to the miles to go indicator... we are going to average 32.8 MPG at the end of the tank. I'm not convinced the indicators are accurate yet... but typically computer chips make less mistakes than I do.

Our driving has been almost 100% city driving... and we have been working very hard to hypermile as best as possible... so if we end up with a pissy MPG number... Nissan's head will role.

Last edited by Marianne; 04-09-2007 at 07:12 PM.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:00 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Marianne
Interesting to note he only got 32.4 MPG average. The jury is still out on what we are getting... but I cycled through the little indicator on the dash that is supposed to tell you your MPG... and it said we are averaging 34.5 MPG. I think that is a little off... and I think we are doing a little better than that... but I may be fooling myself. I won't really know for sure till we get to the bottom of the tank and refill.

According to the miles to go indicator... we are going to average 32.8 MPG at the end of the tank. I'm not convinced the indicators are accurate yet... but typically computer chips make less mistakes than I do.
I'm at 36.4 with a city mix (no long trips) that includes a decent amount of freeway driving. The guys who delivered the car got under 30, so I'm sure it's possible if you drive it the way you'd really like to (it is indeed reasonably sporty) that you could drop that. Put it this way, I'm sure I got worse than 30 on my test drive.

I did notice that the "range" indicator seems pretty sensitive, I think it takes a very short sample of recent driving. Today I watched it drop 20 miles in about 2 miles of quiet neighborhood driving, without my avg MPG losing a single 0.1.

Old 04-09-2007, 08:07 PM
Enthusiast
Default Ten seconds?!?

"After about ten seconds the ready light in the power gauge comes on and you're ready to go."

Wow, I must be blacking out every time I push the button and come to a while later, 'cause this happens instantaneously in my NAH.

Old 04-09-2007, 08:20 PM
Enthusiast

I hate to be really negative about this review, but I keep finding things that don't seem right to me.

"With the Nissan you don't need to take it out to start the car, but you still need to take it out to get in the car which largely negates it's usefulness."

You don't need to get to the fob to get into the car, you just push a button on the handle. I'm starting to wonder if these guys got a pre-production version of the car or something.

Old 04-09-2007, 08:44 PM
Enthusiast
Default Another error

"Since none of the various displays actually give any indication of the state of charge of the battery,"

The gauge on the right does show battery charge level, even in their picture of the gauges.

I'm really not just trying to be negative of the review, just want to defend the car.

Old 04-09-2007, 10:01 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

The article says...
"The transmission is a steel belt CVT that exhibits the usual characteristic of such a device under acceleration."
This is wrong. The NAH has a planetary eCVT instead of a steel belt CVT.

Ken@Japan

Old 04-09-2007, 10:58 PM
Active Enthusiast

I wasn't impressed by the review. I caught some obvious mistakes too. Really, the only reviews I care about at this point are from other Altima hybrid owners. Somebody's one day driving impression doesn't matter... but week in and week out drivers... I think I'm going to learn something from them.

Old 04-10-2007, 05:24 AM
Enthusiast
Default Extended Warranty?

Did anyone purchase an extended warranty for the car? Thru dealer or third party? Not sure if I should do this, usually only keep a car for a few years, but purchased this one and hope I can hold onto it longer. If you did purchase the warranty, how much are we paying for it?

thanx
Larry

Old 04-10-2007, 09:31 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Extended Warranty?

Originally Posted by Lights
Did anyone purchase an extended warranty for the car? Thru dealer or third party? Not sure if I should do this, usually only keep a car for a few years, but purchased this one and hope I can hold onto it longer. If you did purchase the warranty, how much are we paying for it?

thanx
Larry
I did not, but Marianne said she did in another thread.

Quick Reply: Good Altima Hybrid Review

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands