Does anyone else here feel like we lucked out?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 07:35 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Does anyone else here feel like we lucked out?

Originally Posted by Tim A
Ditto Ian...

At first I was very hesitant that Nissan had a new Hybrid, once I discovered in was the Toyota Synergy Drive, it qualified for a tax incentive, it is big enough for my 6'3" 275# butt and it is a very nice car at a reasonable price....

Yes, I think we all have made a good investment!
I'm with you. 6'2" 260. Laying back with plenty of room. Hot looking, Fun to drive, 35mpg for me, and only fill it up every 3 weeks.

Not bad

Old 06-28-2007, 11:38 PM
Need a Plug

It hot here so the AC is on only getting 31.5 mpg got any ideas what it might be in normal temps ? The more I drive it the more I wish I bought a Carmy. I am in AZ anyone want to buy it Got the NAV and Tech Package. Maybe You can get moe than 31.5mpg I can't

Last edited by GripperDon; 06-29-2007 at 11:38 AM.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:27 PM
Active Enthusiast

GripperDon,

AC is a killer of MPG in all cars. You loose 15% to 20% with it running full blast.

Over the past few weeks we have had several days in the 90's and have kept our MPG at 36.2 by only turning the AC up to about 1/3 on the worst days and rolling down the windows when we can.

Camrys have the same MPG rating the Altima has in "normal" use.

Old 06-29-2007, 04:31 PM
Active Enthusiast

Gripper, we've been running our AC... and we are still getting in the 36 range on MPG. Are you blastign the AC? We run it on low and haven't seen a devastating lost of MPG.

We're in So Cal... so maybe we are blessed in that it just isn't that hot on even a hot day. Typically we can just roll down the windows.

Old 06-29-2007, 07:13 PM
Need a Plug

I have the interior temp set at 80 F it's on auto and the fan only has 1 or 2 lighs on the AC is turned off in the rear The car starts out at 86F in the Garge and I cannot get over 30.0 today it went down to 29.8 I am going to kick it and get a Camry Hybrid or a Prius. This really sucks. I am an engineer so I am aware it should hurt but 20% at my settings is ridulicous. I am beginning the think Nissan didn't get it right on my car galad you ar doing good. PS my tires are pumped up, Nothing but soft starts, Do everything I can to drive slow and smoothly the Battery charge indicator on the right side never goes above 1/2 way. Look like my luck is holding I got stung again. Really sick of this. I can get mileage this good on a stright gas car.

Anyone interested 200 miles getting ready to sell it.?

Last edited by GripperDon; 06-30-2007 at 09:22 PM.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:03 AM
Enthusiast

Try this....

Get out on a flat highway, set cruise to 65-70mph. Do your thing with the AC.

Reset your avg. mpg and go for a 1/2 hour cruise. If you aren't seeing closer to 35 mpg, perhaps you do have an issue??

I know that dealers can be frustrating at best with issues like this, especially with your car being an illegal immigrant and all, will they help you at all?

I feel your pain but let's do a little trouble shooting before you bail out!

1) Is your battery charging to the top of the "BLUE" area after a freeway cruise?

2) Can you launch in EV and pedal it up sloooowly to 35-40mph in EV?

3) Can you do a 40 mph pulse and glide in city traffic and cruise for 1/2 mile on a flat road in EV?

Let us know...

Old 07-02-2007, 05:08 PM
Need a Plug

I'll do as said but not much hope. I am no longer an "illegal Immigrant" as the local Nissan guys are selling them.

1. Never see the HV battery indicator more than 3/4 the way up so far but I'll go do as you said.

2. Not so Far but will try for the millionth time again.

3. Does pulse mean raeasonable power to 40 and then feather to barely hold the Speed.

Old 07-02-2007, 08:39 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hello,

200 miles is nowhere near enough to "break in" the engine anyway. I don't think we did better then 31-32 MPG on that first "courtesy" tank ether. It wasn't until we did our major NJ to Vermont and back trip that we made it up to 34-35 MPG. We started getting 35-36 after our first oil change at 3000+ miles. We are now over 5000 miles and are steady at 36 MPG.

Best Wishes, but don't give up yet.

Old 07-02-2007, 09:46 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Don, (and all) sorry to interrupt, but I have a thought. I have had my Camry Hybrid for 1 year in Tucson, (15,000 miles) I have been getting 38+ mpg...until the last tank or 2. It seems the HOT weather has taken its toll on my mileage, and this tank I am only at 31+mpg! With the 108+ temps, the AC has to run ALL THE Time, and I am finding it very hard to get the battery guage up to near top, and the milegae is obviously down from what i was getting. Perhaps thiks is your issue, as I believe you said you are in Phoenix? Just food for thought. Did you say that the Altima Hybrid is being sold in AZ now?? hmmm...might have a look.

Old 07-02-2007, 10:04 PM
Need a Plug

Pinnicle Nissan on Frank Lyod Write Blvd in Scottsdale has 3 on the lot today.

I keep the faith and pray for more MPG's later I rally love the car. I have had 2 Muranos and loved them Just Sold my Phaeton VW the rarest car in the USA. So I am probably still in shock.

Thanks for all the encouragement. Don

Quick Reply: Does anyone else here feel like we lucked out?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands