How long should it take to get a VIN?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 02:03 PM
Enthusiast
Unhappy How long should it take to get a VIN?

I ordered my MMH around the middle of June and just talked to the sales person and she says the "ticket" still hasn't been pulled meaning no VIN. I don't mean to be impatient and granted I didn't put anything down but should it take this long? And I've seen 09 MM's at the dealership this past weekend that are non hybrids. Why are then not making more HYBRID's?

Old 08-18-2008, 02:11 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: How long should it take to get a VIN?

I order my FEH June 19 and I still have not heard a thing about when I would get my VIN. All the dealer will tell me is its in the system some where. They told me that I might get it by the end of the year if I am lucky.

Old 08-19-2008, 07:23 AM
Enthusiast

OK so I'm not alone. Thanks for the reply. I'll try to be more patient.

Old 08-23-2008, 05:26 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Hi Lisa,

This post might not be so popular but,

They ARE making new hybrids everyday! Unfortunately Ford and Mercury is only shipping them to their "good ol boy" dealers.

I have been waiting 4 months for my 09 FEH and it has not even been scheduled to be built yet and here's why;

I ordered my FEH from my local, small town, family owned dealer (has a big FORD sign out front).
But since my local dealer doesn't kiss Ford's *ss and sell lots of cars like the "big city boys" dealer, I am penalized.

You see, Ford doesn't deliver special orders in the order that they get them, instead they play favorites and ship special orders to the dealers that buy the most cars from them. I have recorded the vin numbers of at least 20 escape hybrids that were ordered months AFTER I ordered mine and they have already been delivered. It's because they were ordered from a big-boy dealer.

I even have documentation showing that Ford has shipped new FEH's to dealers FOR STOCK, while I have been waiting 4 months for mine.

Now, many will make excuses and defend Ford on this "old school" thinking that they utilize, but the reality is, members on THIS SITE have ordered their FEH AFTER I ordered mine and they are already driving them around while I wait.

This has cost Ford more than one customer, and after buying 3 fords in the last 4 years, this one will certainly be my last...

If you would like any specific information to share with your dealer, please feel free to drop me a PM. I would be glad to share with you what I have.

Sean

Old 08-23-2008, 05:51 PM
Active Enthusiast
Cool Re: How long should it take to get a VIN?

Originally Posted by 08FEH
Hi Lisa,

This post might not be so popular but, .......
I even have documentation showing that Ford has shipped new FEH's to dealers FOR STOCK, while I have been waiting 4 months for mine.

Now, many will make excuses and defend Ford on this "old school" thinking that they utilize, but the reality is, members on THIS SITE have ordered their FEH AFTER I ordered mine and they are already driving them around while I wait. .......
Sean
That's ME!

Fairway Ford in my sig. ain't that big.... from what I seen......

Last edited by way2muchkc4u; 08-23-2008 at 05:53 PM. Reason: fixN
Old 08-23-2008, 06:49 PM

yeah, like him LOL!

Old 08-23-2008, 07:05 PM
Enthusiast

To "O8FEH", yes that seems to be the issue. I've read pretty much the same things you are stating on another forum (BlueO). I didn't mean to whine as I do realize I'm not alone and in a smaller market. Maybe I'll get some news in a couple months.

Old 09-03-2008, 03:31 PM
Red

It all starts with allocation. If your dealership is allocated 2 for the year and 1 was already in the order bank with a higher priority, you wait. Your dealer understands the system and should be able to tell you fairly closely when your vehicle should be built (within 45 days).

A lot of sales people don't have access to the dealer bulletins, scheduling systems, etc. and don't know how many are ahead of you in line (or their priorities). So they sing and dance around it and blame Ford (rather than tell you the real story, because you might go elsewhere for your vehicle needs.)

Questions to ask:
Do you have current allocation for a Hybrid?
What month should I expect production based on your allocation?
Am I ordering any commodities that are in short supply -"at risk"?
Are their other Hybrid orders in the system ahead of mine?
What priority are you putting on my order? (Dealers assign priority).
What priority are you putting on other orders? (If they are all the same, earliest submitted gets first pull. If others have a higher priority, you wait.)

The dealers control the production scheduling more than Ford does.

Old 10-19-2008, 06:30 PM
Enthusiast

Well I talked with my dealer on Thursday and mine received a VIN two weeks ago. They just forgot to call or email me. So it looks like it will happen before the end or the year.

Old 10-19-2008, 07:21 PM
Enthusiast

I talked to my dealer Friday and I still have not got a VIN yet. They hope I will get it beforethe end of the year.

Quick Reply: How long should it take to get a VIN?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands