Have you Recieved Your Mercury Mariner Hybrid?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 05:15 PM
Enthusiast
Exclamation Have you Recieved Your Mercury Mariner Hybrid?

Not sure if this is the right place or not, but I wanted to know if anyone put a deposit down on a Mariner hybrid and if they recieved it yet.

I put my order in a couple days before production started in the beginning of October. Although I do not have a delivery date, I was hoping to base my date off those that recieved theirs already

Thanks,

Chris

Durham, NC

Old 11-07-2005, 03:57 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Have you Recieved Your Mercury Mariner Hybrid?

I put an order in about 3 weeks ago. I stopped at the dealer yesterday and was told they won't be built until the end of this month. He said I would hear directly from Mercury. Don't know how acurate that info is.

Old 11-07-2005, 05:02 PM
Green Missionary

I know that ordering the Mariner is different than ordering an FEH like I did. My salesman kept in touch with me about scheduled "build" date and likely delivery date. I understand it usually takes a couple of weeks to get from the factory to the dealer.

Do you have a contact person who can give you this information? I hope so.

I am continually glad that I had the salesperson I did. He stayed with me from the initial inquiry to the final purchase and after. I don't even know if this is possible when ordering online.

Old 11-07-2005, 07:34 PM
Enthusiast
Talking Re: Have you Recieved Your Mercury Mariner Hybrid?

Rsax,

I put my order in on the 17th of October... My salesperson contacted me once to let me know the order was placed correctly. My hybrid consultant also emailed me to let me know that the order was placed. In that email, she says she will keep me up to date as the VIN is assigned and what not.

The dealers truely have know idea about dates or the process and timelines for when the vehicles will go into production. The first Mariner Hybrids went into production October 1st... The hybrid consultant told me that it could be anywhere from 8 weeks to 18 weeks... This isn't any better then the weather forecasters...

Just my two cents for now. Keep me updated! If I hear anything more I will post it here.

Thanks for the info John! My dealer rep was happy he got a hybrid sale.... He learned about the process as much as I did.

-Chris

Last edited by Hexzero; 11-07-2005 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Sentence Typo :P
Old 11-07-2005, 08:45 PM
Green Missionary

Hexzero (aka Chris) - you are most welcome.

I put my order in for my FEH in mid-June. Around the second week in July I was informed of the "build date' - sometime during the week of July 25. I was reminded that it would be available about two weeks after it was built.

Sure enough, it was on the lot on August 8.

My understanding is that different kinds of vehicles are scheduled for their own production runs. I don't know who in Ford Motor Co. schedules this - and the scheduling might not be made until the last minute since immediate demand might be a factor.

Keep cool. I know it is hard to be patient. But if your MMH is anything like my FEH, it will be worth it!

Last edited by John M. Dwyer; 11-07-2005 at 08:50 PM.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:10 AM
Enthusiast

Chris,
I just called my hybrid consultant and she told my my Mariner is scheduled to be built next week and that in generally takes two weeks after to make it to the dealer. She did emphasize that this is tentative. I placed my order on Oct. 5th. She explained that the initial builds were for people that ordered in the summer. After that they built some for dealer stock and then the more recent orders. With luck I'll see mine 1st week in December.

Rich.......

Old 11-08-2005, 01:10 PM
Talking Re: Have you Recieved Your Mercury Mariner Hybrid?

YES - got my Mariner hybrid just a few days ago.

Here's a link to a forum that lead me here - rather than re-typing everything :-)

http://www.hybridcars.com/discussion...=521&replies=7

If this link doesn't work .... I'm not the greatest at computers .... will try again.

Old 11-08-2005, 06:01 PM
Enthusiast

Just posted a reply over there....

Congrats! Make sure to keep us updated.

Chris

Old 11-10-2005, 01:24 PM
Enthusiast

Woo Hoo!!! Got my production date... November 17!

Old 11-10-2005, 01:31 PM
Green Missionary
Thumbs up Re: Have you Recieved Your Mercury Mariner Hybrid?

Way to go!

You may not get it quite by Thanksgiving, but you won't miss it by much.

Welcome to the club.

Quick Reply: Have you Recieved Your Mercury Mariner Hybrid?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands