Journalism & The Media Television, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, the Internet and more.

Who's buying a hybrid?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 08:11 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Who's buying a hybrid?

Originally Posted by stevejust
As a person that lives in Los Angeles, frequently travels to the East Coast, has relatives in the midwest, and has a personal "thing" for attractive female hybrid drivers, I can say the ONLY statistic above I agree with is that 57% may be over 45. It seems to me like the rest of the stats are completely made up. You don't happen to have a reference to where they came up with those numbers, do you???

At the bottom of the article it quoted its source as autobytel.com. I searched the site but could not find the numbers so I only credited Readers Digest, but happy searching.

p.s. I see more and more hybrids here in Oklahoma, but we don't have any HOV lanes to collect in here, ha ha!!

Old 06-23-2007, 08:19 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bwilson4web
I'm from Oklahoma, born in Stillwater and raised in Oklahoma City and Atoka. Where do you come from?

Bob Wilson

Born and living in the best city in Oklahoma, Kingfisher of course! Love Stillwater though, can't go through there without a stop at Eskimo Joe's . And around here you don't even have to say Oklahoma City, just The City and everyone knows where you are.

Last edited by okie mom; 06-23-2007 at 08:21 AM.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:02 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Found this:

http://priuschat.com/Will-the-Real-H...Up-t35029.html

It cites autobytel. Someone in Prius chat posted this link:
http://www.autobytel.com/Images/newsletters/november/7.html

Of a survey.

Here's the problem. The sales figures apparently don't comport with the survey, because someone else posted this:

http://www.hybridcars.com/market-das...-regional.html