Journalism & The Media Television, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, the Internet and more.

Red meat: "Lick my Slient Sports Car . . ."

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 02:54 PM
Engineering first
Exclamation Red meat: "Lick my Slient Sports Car . . ."

Hi folks,

Ordinarily, a dispasionate, subtle reporting of the facts and data is the best way to deal with skeptics . . . but I am Southern. I try to be slow to anger and quick to forgive but every now and then, a piece of "red meat" journalism comes up and this one is a beaut:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...&feed=rss.news

"Lick My Silent Sports Car
How much has Big Auto lied? Take a drive in this four-wheel electric orgasm, and find out

By Mark Morford, SF Gate Columnist

Wednesday, August 2, 2006

Oh my God do they ever lie.

All of them: Big Auto, Big Oil, BushCo, Pennzoil and Havoline and Saudi Arabia and crusty Alaska Senator Ted Stevens and the oil lobbyists and lackey scientists working for the Department of Energy and all the rest, on down the line and right up to your garage door.

Lie lie lie lie lie like evil little ratdogs because they are, after all, corporate greedmonkeys and war profiteers and duplicitous oil-sucking cretins (is that too polite?) who would eat their own mother's heart for a notable uptick in share/barrel price. Nevertheless, it's always a bit of a jolt when you see it all up close and personal and they basically rub it in your face. . . ."

Well it beats yelling at the steering wheel . . .

Bob Wilson

Old 08-09-2006, 08:51 PM
Enthusiast
Smile Re: Red meat: "Lick my Slient Sports Car . . ."

Articles like this give me hope!

Old 08-09-2006, 08:54 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Red meat: "Lick my Slient Sports Car . . ."

Wow, that was fun. Thanks for the link.