Journalism & The Media Television, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, the Internet and more.

NOW IS THE TIME TO BUY AN SUV.......

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 01:02 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: NOW IS THE TIME TO BUY AN SUV.......

Originally Posted by AshenGrey
And the price difference between a Civic LX and a HCH is only about $1500. The LX vs HCH is a much fairer comparison since the trim levels in both cars are very similar.

(BTW... I added the "hybrid hate" rebuttal to my "Hybrid mini-forum" page. Just click the blue link below.)
IMO using MSRP as the difference in price in a Hybrid vs. Non comparison isn't that accurate. Many hybrids sell for MSRP+ and most non-hybrids can sell for significantly lower than MSRP even as low as invoice or less.

A quick look at Kelly Blue Book using the actual selling price comparing the HCH with LX Auto and LX Manual gave a difference in purchase price of $3968 and $4752 respectively even though the MSRP difference was $2890 and $3690.

KBB's New Car Blue Book Value reports what people are really paying for a vehicle. Based on actual new-vehicle transactions received from auto dealers across the U.S., this value is adjusted regularly as market conditions change.

http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/kw.kc.s...&&&&comparetab

Old 07-09-2006, 05:03 PM
Engineering first
Default Re: Informational Article or Propganda?

Originally Posted by Delta Flyer
. . . if you repeat something often enough - people believe it. . . .
I call it laziness, not journalism. Thus a lie issued by one source is picked up and echoed by the famous words, "As reported by <liar of choice> . . ." as if repeating an unsubstantiated claim frees them from the immorality of repeating a lie. We see this in politics all the time and now it is being used for anything else someone doesn't like. The fault lies with the liar who repeats it without doing basic fact checking. Disgusting.

Bob Wilson

Old 07-09-2006, 05:23 PM
Banned
Default Re: Informational Article or Propganda?

Originally Posted by bwilson4web
I call it laziness, not journalism. Thus a lie issued by one source is picked up and echoed by the famous words, "As reported by <liar of choice> . . ." as if repeating an unsubstantiated claim frees them from the immorality of repeating a lie. We see this in politics all the time and now it is being used for anything else someone doesn't like. The fault lies with the liar who repeats it without doing basic fact checking. Disgusting.

Bob Wilson
I don't disagree, but there are instances people intentionally harp on one subject to sway public opinion.....for instance a lot of politicians will probably eshew the issues and concentrate on personal attacks this fall.

Sometimes it's intentional, sometimes it's not, but either way, truth suffers.