Journalism & The Media Television, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, the Internet and more.

Get America Thinking

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 11:07 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Get America Thinking

http://www.businessgreen.com/busines...sets-ambitions
Oslo-based electric car company Think Global is bringing its highway-capable vehicle to North America. The firm plans to ship its first US car next year after a pilot programme with selected customers. Prices will be roughly the same as a Toyota Prius, executives have said.

The company's Think City car has a top speed of 65mph and a range of 110 miles, which operations manager Vicki Northrup said makes it suitable for more than just inner city driving.

Their concept Think Ox 5-seater looks really cool. 2010 or 2011.
http://www.think.no/think/content/view/full/261

Old 04-25-2008, 06:00 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Get America Thinking

Nice

Old 04-26-2008, 08:10 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

GM has recently invested 4 million dollars into "Think" and 20 million dollars in battery supplier A123. http://www.businessgreen.com/busines...s-electric-car

Old 04-26-2008, 09:25 AM

My first reaction is too bad, another car we will never see....I want to think (no pun) GM is trying really hard to insure some plug ins' get to market, I have this gut feeling they are trying to suppress them with all their (diminshing) might.
I don't hate GM, In fact I wish them all the best in getting these produts to market but, I don't like their green track record in producing minor gains, lots of hype and LOTs of advertising how green they are with no product to back it up.

Old 04-26-2008, 01:31 PM
Energy Independence

I'm ready for the TH!NK OX. 2-dr or 4-dr. Bring it on!

Old 04-26-2008, 01:35 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I don't believe GM is trying to suppress EV or PHEV from arriving in the market. Instead, is this a move by GM to further test out PHEV vehicles and technology at a lesser price than if they did it all on their own? It is in GM's own interest to offer PHEV and EV products in the competitive automobile market place.

Old 04-26-2008, 05:20 PM

You are right, time will be the judge.

Old 04-28-2008, 07:10 AM
Active Enthusiast

http://www.think.no/think/Models-Con...Electric-drive

0 to 60 in 8.5 seconds and a sports version with a 270 mile range.

Old 04-28-2008, 10:16 AM

I am in love with this car(the OX).....however, I looked at the think city which is on the ever of being marketed in its native country, then major cities in europe....they expect it to sell for 20,000 euros with a 200 euro pre month charge for batteries, insurance and in some cities electricty...
Sounds good so far, I did some currency conversion, it is $31,263 in USD to buy & $312.63per month for the other charge YIKES!!! since the one I really like is the OX & it is bigger & sexier, I can only guess what that is going to cost if it ever hits our shores with our currently lousy exchagne rate......I guess Kermit is right, it isnt easy being green :-).

Old 04-28-2008, 10:24 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bobs Metallic Pearl
I am in love with this car(the OX)
it is $31,263 in USD to buy & $312.63per month for the other charge YIKES!!! since the one I really like is the OX & it is bigger & sexier, I can only guess what that is going to cost if it ever hits our shores with our currently lousy exchagne rate......I guess Kermit is right, it isnt easy being green :-).
Don't worry. GM will save the day with it's $48K Volt.

Quick Reply: Get America Thinking

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands