Journalism & The Media Television, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, the Internet and more.

Bad Impression: Hybrid = Green?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 09:59 AM
Hybrid True Believer
Default Re: Bad Impression: Hybrid = Green?

I view hybrids in two categories:

-- Real hybrids: At least 20% of the propulsion comes from battery power and the fuel economy is improved by at least 25%.
-- Intelligent Start/Stop: These are vehicles that employ small batteries, have less than 20% of thrust from electric motor, *or* have only a 2-4 MPG gain.

That isn't to say there's no place for ISS vehicles, but to call them Hybrids is a bit of a stretch.

Old 04-18-2006, 10:05 AM
Banned
Default Re: Bad Impression: Hybrid = Green?

I'd feel a little more comfortable having kids with toys like planes, spaceships, stuff that are fantasy for nearly all of us - as opposed to the Hummer.

Originally Posted by CGameProgrammer
...But most people buy SUVs not really for showing off, but because they feel small = vulnerable. They equate size with durability, ruggedness, safety, etc....
Glad you pointed this out. Vehicles that rollover much easier or have blowouts when driven as if they were cars - not safe. They take longer to brake and steer. Vehicles that by virtue of their sheer size might protect their occupants in a non-rollover collision while being more likely to kill the other vehicle. Yeah, they want to think with their glands - not their brains.