Journalism & The Media Television, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, the Internet and more.

Any San Francisco Chronicle Readers?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 11:56 AM
Site Founder
Default Any San Francisco Chronicle Readers?

Reporter Mike Taylor for the San Francisco Chronicle just called me up to ask about the site. I'm getting better at these things He said he's not sure when a story will come out, as it's for a section they haven't yet launched, but I thought I'd let ya'll know. He'll be taking a new Toyota Highlander Hybrid out tomorrow.

Okay, the bad news: he got here by searching Google for "highlander hybrid problems." Think he's looking for a negative spin? haha. He didn't seem so on the phone, though, so that's good.

Old 05-12-2005, 08:54 PM
Ohio BIODZL Driver
Default Re: Any San Francisco Chronicle Readers?

I'm in a related business, and came from the newspaper side of the publishing business (Knight Ridder); I've never met on journalist that purposely was looking to just find something negative. I'd say that 95% of the writers just want to do their research well ... believe it or not. Most of the feedback are corrections that could be solved by better research. Often writers don't fully understand their subject on short deadlines; its easy to misspeak in an article.

I do often read articles posted on SFGate.com .... but usually after they have been pointed out to me. Let us know what is said.

Old 05-12-2005, 08:59 PM
Site Founder
Default Re: Any San Francisco Chronicle Readers?

My article entitled "The Journalists' Guide to Hybrid Cars" is in the works.