Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Techno geek from MI

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 03:24 PM
Active Enthusiast
Talking Techno geek from MI

I've been posting here for a few weeks and guess I should add an entry here.

I found the site using Google, I was searching for info on my new Ford Escape Hybrid. I got the Escape after getting an '03 Civic Hybrid that I got back in Aug. 2002. I just loved that car, but saddly it did not have the room I needed to haul my junk around. I'm going to U of M for Computer / Electrical Engineering and have tons of project stuff I haul around. I also am a sound engineer for my church rock band so I'm always movin' sound equipment around as well. Because I needed more space and also because I love Hybrids I traded the Civic for a new FEH. My sister works for Ford so I was able to get a good deal.

I work in the computer industry as an IT manager for a non-profit company that serves persons with developmental disabilities. I am a member of the Ford Motorsports Enthusiasts and like to dabble with stuff related to Computers, Cars, Music and Electronics.

With that said.....

Hello to all you fellow Hybrid Enthusiasts!

Old 03-28-2005, 04:23 PM
Site Founder

Glad to have you, Mike. What, exactly, does your job as an IT manager entail?

Old 03-28-2005, 05:28 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default What IT managers do

IT stands for Information Technologies, basically I manage a few programmers and network administrators for the computer department of my company. I also do alot of database / application / internet programming, network setup, configuration and maintenance stuff myself.

Last edited by mppkll; 03-28-2005 at 05:30 PM.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:27 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Welcome!

So, are you going to school for continuing education or is this going to be your first time at college?

Old 04-04-2005, 02:05 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Techno geek from MI

I'm going back to school and finishing my degree. I went to a community college and got an Assoc. in accounting. I found that I did'nt like accounting work, so I found a job in the IT field. Now I'm going back to get my BSE in CS and EE.

Old 04-05-2005, 05:08 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I got my AAS from a local community college before I went off to get a couple of other degrees. It was the best decision I made. Starting out at a local community college is the most inexpensive education or portion of formal education you can get. The quality isn't bad, but it isn't going to be like being at a large research institution either.

Old 04-06-2005, 02:47 PM
Active Enthusiast

I'm in my final year with both deg. and have my heavy research classes starting next sem. Should be a busy summer!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands