Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Proud new owner of a 2006 AWD FEH

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 11:53 AM
Green is good :D
Default Proud new owner of a 2006 AWD FEH

Hi everyone! I just purchased my 2006 Titanium Green AWD FEH at the beginning of the month. I went from a 98 AWD honda CR-V to this. I couldnt be happier

I feel I got a pretty good deal. I paid $16,420 plus taxes. She has 99k miles and looks like she just rolled off the showroom floor. The vehicle is equipped with heated seats, navigation, 6 disk changer, rear parking sensors, just about every option that was available I believe.

I was kinda forced into the switch as I totalled my CRV on mothers day. Thankfully I'm OK, and couldnt be happier I totaled it, lol.

I live in Chicago, and flew to Maryland to pick her up and drive her home. With a dirty air filter and old spark plugs, she still managed 27mpg on the way home.

Now that I have changed all the filters, plugs, and aired the tires to 32psi, I'm averaging around 32-33mpg city. Much better than the 20mpg I was getting in my CRV.

My other vehicle is a 1998 Mustang Cobra that is Kenne Bell supercharged and gets about, hold your breathe, 16mpg city on premium... Needless to say I havent driven the Cobra since I've picked up the FEH, haha.

This is a great website and I have learned tons already. I hope to stick around here for a long time.

Thanks!

Old 06-12-2008, 12:27 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Proud new owner of a 2006 AWD FEH

Welcome, Grant.

I've got a FEH (08 FWD) and a Cobra (95 Hardtop Convertible) also. I get about the same FE as you on the FEH but a little bit better with the Cobra (which I hardly ever drive anymore, also).

I'm betting that with the right tune and maybe a less aggressive rear gear, your Cobra could be in the low to mid 20's easily. Not that I expect either of us are look to go to extreme measures to hypermile a Cobra . It's definitely a recreation vehicle for me.

Old 06-12-2008, 12:35 PM

Thanks for the welcome

Also, My cobra is extremely modified. Full aftermarket suspension, Full exhaust (Longtubes, non catted X, dumps), 4.10 rear end, the Kenne Bell Twin Screw supercharger, etc..

The big gas mileage killer is the supercharger. I run 42lb injectors and all the other fuel supporting mods. The car is dynotuned and runs extremely well. The AF ratio is at 11.7 which is pretty rich(better to be a little rich, than lean) The car makes well over 450hp/tq, so I'm not that unhappy with 16mpg on the highway she pulls about 21-22mpg.

Any work done to your cobra?

Old 06-12-2008, 12:59 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Hello, and welcome to the club!

That's quite a few miles on that FEH to begin with, did you get any backstory to her?

If you haven't, may I suggest reading the FEH FAQ, there's a link to it in my signature.

Enjoy!

Old 06-13-2008, 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by Pravus Prime
Hello, and welcome to the club!

That's quite a few miles on that FEH to begin with, did you get any backstory to her?

If you haven't, may I suggest reading the FEH FAQ, there's a link to it in my signature.

Enjoy!
Yes, the FEH was a one owner, from Maryland. built 06/05. Owned by an elderly couple who drove cross country with there grand kids. dealer servied and maintained. squeaky clean carfax. The car looks like it has 10k miles. still smells like new on the inside. I couldnt be happier with my purchase. everyone i show the car to thinks i bought it brand new.

thanks again!

Last edited by GreenMachine06; 06-14-2008 at 11:48 PM.
Old 06-13-2008, 04:31 AM
Engineering first

Yes indeed, welcome to the CLUB!

Everyone has already shared their welcomes and I've long felt the more the merrier. You've come to one of the best, mixed, hybrid sites on the net ... a place for sharing and dialog.

Enjoy your new hybrid and do share your 'lessons learned.'

Bob Wilson