Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

New Member!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 06:18 PM
Enthusiast
Default New Member!

Hi folks, I'm new here. I own a 2005 Prius Gen II, package 4, Super White, 22.5k miles. I've been over on PriusChat for a year now, gathering all kinds of knowledge about the Prius, general hybrid technology, and info and opinions about emerging trends. So here I am, hoping to learn more from you!

DON
Salt Lake City, Utah
2005 Prius

Old 07-08-2006, 06:39 PM
Engineering first
Default Re: New Member!

Welcome Don,
Originally Posted by bee13
Hi folks, I'm new here. I own a 2005 Prius Gen II, package 4, Super White, 22.5k miles. I've been over on PriusChat for a year now, gathering all kinds of knowledge about the Prius, general hybrid technology, and info and opinions about emerging trends. So here I am, hoping to learn more from you!

DON
Salt Lake City, Utah
2005 Prius
Sounds like you've got some miles already. We've got a nice mileage database you might consider joining. It is what I use to track my mileage.

Over in the Prius forum, we have a FAQ with some suggestions on how to get better mileage and maintenance tips.

So 22.5k miles, you're putting in quite a bit of time. What sort of driving?

Bob Wilson

Old 07-08-2006, 07:54 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: New Member!

Hi Bob. Yes, I drive the Prius every chance I get. My other vehicle is a Ford F-150 SuperCrew pickup which I am keeping to haul the camp trailer and transport building materials, etc. It averages 15.5 - 16 mpg so it doesn't move much these days.

Of all the cars I've owned, and I have had quite a few, I enjoy driving the Prius most of all. It is a pleasure, cruising quietly and effortlessly down the freeway. And versitle!

I'm working in my mileage database this evening and have about 60 entries in a logbook that need to be entered. I think the database, graph and accompanying statistical breakdown is one of the more attractive functions on this site.

My weekly driving is mostly freeway - about 60 miles per day - between home and work. The car averages 47 mpg or so in the winter and around 55 in the summer with miles per tank reaching the mid-600's. Way, way better than the pickup!

I see you own two Toyotas. You must like the brand. How miles have you racked up on your Gen I?

DON

Last edited by bee13; 07-08-2006 at 07:56 PM.
Old 07-09-2006, 02:52 AM
Engineering first
Wink Re: New Member!

Hi Don,

. . .Yes, I drive the Prius every chance I get. My other vehicle is a Ford F-150 SuperCrew pickup which I am keeping to haul the camp trailer and transport building materials, etc. It averages 15.5 - 16 mpg so it doesn't move much these days.

Of all the cars I've owned, and I have had quite a few, I enjoy driving the Prius most of all. It is a pleasure, cruising quietly and effortlessly down the freeway. And versitle!
It is a joy to drive and you've hit the nail on the head. I've done three 14 hour and one 12 hour trip and noticed that unlike past trips, I wasn't exhausted by the effort. The lack of noise and vibration really does make a difference.

I'm working in my mileage database this evening and have about 60 entries in a logbook that need to be entered. I think the database, graph and accompanying statistical breakdown is one of the more attractive functions on this site.

My weekly driving is mostly freeway - about 60 miles per day - between home and work. The car averages 47 mpg or so in the winter and around 55 in the summer with miles per tank reaching the mid-60s. Way, way better than the pickup!
The right tool for the right job.

I see you own two Toyotas. You must like the brand. How miles have you racked up on your Gen I?
My first tank from Ft. Worth to Shreveport was a disappointing 39 MPG. Since then, I've done better and am at 51.3 MPG after just under 13,000 mi including the first tank.

I've made a study of my Prius and the brilliant work of those who went before me to put together the FAQ in the Prius area. Hopefully, the FAQ is helping folks get up the learning curve. Let me know if it helps.

Bob Wilson

Last edited by bwilson4web; 07-09-2006 at 03:16 AM.