Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

New Honda Accord Hybrid owner

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 08:38 PM
Enthusiast
Default New Honda Accord Hybrid owner

Hello everyone,

I'm Sandy and I have had my 2005 Honda Accord Hybrid w/Navi in taffeta white since the beginning of April. I love the car to death!! I have owned Hondas in the past and have always been impressed with their reliability. I was previously an owner of a 2002 Mercedes C320, and as luxurious as it was, I am even happier with my Accord. This car has everything you could want--leather, V6 w/255 hp, great gas mileage, navigation, xm radio.

I commute 20 miles each way to work every day and believe me this car is saving me a lot on gas. I used to get about 18-20 mpg in the C320, and I've been getting about 28 mpg on the Accord, according to the trip meter on the dash. I've already got 4000 miles on it, so yes I do drive a lot. I haven't reset my average mpg meter since I bought the car, so I'm hoping that my gas mileage will get better as I get more miles on the car.

I look forward to reading and contributing to posts on this site...thanks!

Old 06-29-2005, 09:01 PM
Contributor ($)
Default Re: New Honda Accord Hybrid owner

Sandy aka savvyshopper111,
Welcome to GreenHybrid! Witha 20 mile commute you should be able to get some decent gas mileage numbers even in cooler weather.

Oh...and feel free to post any of your "savvy shopping" tips as well.