Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

New HiHY Owner

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 04:43 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default New HiHY Owner

Back in May I went out of my metro area and ordered a HiHy from a dealer in Wyoming. I was #3 on their list and I was assured that they would be getting "1 to 2" vehicles per month so I should receive mine in "July or August". I'll admit that I figured it would be realistically "August or September" but that still met my personal goal of having a new HiHy before the snow started flying in Colorado. Well, my original salesman is no longer with that dealership and I keep getting told that it wasn’t in the latest “allocation” that they get twice a month from Toyota. According to the salesman, once it shows up on the “allocation” that simply means that Toyota has accepted the order and will begin building it.

At this point it was looking like mid-October at the earliest and possibly later before I’d see my new car. I simply didn’t want to wait that long so I started looking at online inventories trying to find something that would be close to what I wanted that would actually be available NOW. Lo and behold, on Sunday I found a 4WDi base model shown on the CARMAX site in Baltimore and it was even the exterior color I wanted (bluestone). I called them up and checked it out. It WAS available, had all the options I wanted plus a couple I didn’t care about like car mats and was being offered for 2 grand off the MSRP. I am on a business trip to Utah this week and had asked if they could hold it until the weekend. They weren’t willing to do that but they did offer to overnight the paperwork to me if I was sure I wanted to purchase the car. They did, I signed the papers yesterday and sent them back overnight and so now I am officially the owner of a HiHy. In checking one-way airfares, it was much cheaper to wait a week or so before flying out so on August 30th I’ll fly out with my husband and pick up my new car.

I’ll be sure to enter my vehicle and start posting mileage when I get back to Colorado.

Old 08-21-2005, 09:43 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: New HiHY Owner

Congratulations!! You're gonna love the car and have a great drive back home to get to know it!

Rick

Old 08-22-2005, 04:38 AM
Contributor ($)
Default Re: New HiHY Owner

Shiloh,
The wonders of a little research on the internet! Good for you! Be sure to take a few pics along the way and share them with us.
Welcome to Greeen Hybrid