Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

New HCHII Driver!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 06:38 AM
Enthusiast
Talking New HCHII Driver!

Hello All! Just wanted to say hi and to let everyone know that I just switched from a 2002 425rwhp Camaro Z28 to my new Honda Civic Hybrid. Quite a change but WAY WORTH IT!! I loved my rumbling Camaro but I actually love this car more. Glad to be here.

Old 08-08-2007, 12:03 PM
HypoFueler
Default Re: New HCHII Driver!

Welcome!

I sold my 96 Jeep XJ for offroading and 00 Accord to get into my HCH2 - talk about doing a 180....

Read the fuel economy tips here, try them out and I bet you will be at 45mpg+ tanks within a month or so.

Old 08-08-2007, 12:21 PM
Engineering first
Talking Re: New HCHII Driver!

Welcome to the CLUB!
Originally Posted by anLS1x2
Hello All! Just wanted to say hi and to let everyone know that I just switched from a 2002 425rwhp Camaro Z28 to my new Honda Civic Hybrid. Quite a change but WAY WORTH IT!! I loved my rumbling Camaro but I actually love this car more. Glad to be here.
You are in for a considerable treat. Head over to the Honda forums, you'll find a wealth of information there and good tricks of the trade.

We also encourage you to record your mileage in the data base . . . although I recommend leaving the first tank off . . . no one really knows how or why but the first tank is nearly always the pits. But recording your mileage is a great way to learn what works and doesn't work.

GOOD LUCK!
Bob Wilson

Old 08-08-2007, 12:22 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Welcome! Times are changing, enjoy, it gets better , H

Old 08-08-2007, 12:35 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bwilson4web
Welcome to the CLUB!

You are in for a considerable treat. Head over to the Honda forums, you'll find a wealth of information there and good tricks of the trade.

We also encourage you to record your mileage in the data base . . . although I recommend leaving the first tank off . . . no one really knows how or why but the first tank is nearly always the pits. But recording your mileage is a great way to learn what works and doesn't work.

GOOD LUCK!
Bob Wilson
Thanks! Yeah this first tank is a little discouraging! I'm only averaging 32mpg. I sure hope it gets better. I'll have to try some of the tricks, although I was already driving the way a lot of you have suggested. I'm sure I'll figure it out. Main thing is being in Texas, I have to run the AC at around 72 at a medium blower setting just to be comfortable!

Old 08-08-2007, 07:21 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Welcome, welcome! Glad to have you with us at the forums. Check out the Honda Civic Hybrid forums and see what some people are up to!