Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

New Civic Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 08:22 AM
Enthusiast
Default New Civic Hybrid

After being a silent member here for a few weeks, and reading up on the good and bad about the HCH II ( including tarabell's awesome article at cleanmpg ), I finally did it - I took delivery of a new 2007 HCH II non-navi, in Magnetic Pearl, this past Wednesday.

The drive home from the dealership netted 45 MPG with my wife driving ( A reformed leadfoot, still learning though! ). She's been driving it mostly, but I did manage 56.1 MPG on the drive to work today. No A/C in the morning is amazing.

Anyway I'm just saying hi, and thanks to all who have contributed to the enormous amount of info available here. I've learned a lot about what to expect, and how to maximize the mileage in the HCH II. I'm looking forward to a 67% smaller gasoline bill ( traded in a Lincoln Navigator ).

Old 08-25-2007, 08:36 AM
Engineering first
Wink Re: New Civic Hybrid

Welcome to the CLUB!

Originally Posted by leroybrown
After being a silent member here for a few weeks, and reading up on the good and bad about the HCH II ( including tarabell's awesome article at cleanmpg ), I finally did it - I took delivery of a new 2007 HCH II non-navi, in Magnetic Pearl, this past Wednesday.

The drive home from the dealership netted 45 MPG with my wife driving ( A reformed leadfoot, still learning though! ). She's been driving it mostly, but I did manage 56.1 MPG on the drive to work today. No A/C in the morning is amazing.

Anyway I'm just saying hi, and thanks to all who have contributed to the enormous amount of info available here. I've learned a lot about what to expect, and how to maximize the mileage in the HCH II. I'm looking forward to a 67% smaller gasoline bill ( traded in a Lincoln Navigator ).
You're in for a treat. Knowing the high speeds in Texas, you've got a great ride for covering the miles. If not already, it is a good idea to record your mileage since that will, over time, show you what works and doesn't work.

GOOD LUCK!
Bob Wilson

Old 08-25-2007, 09:06 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: New Civic Hybrid

Originally Posted by bwilson4web

You're in for a treat. Knowing the high speeds in Texas, you've got a great ride for covering the miles. If not already, it is a good idea to record your mileage since that will, over time, show you what works and doesn't work.

GOOD LUCK!
Bob Wilson
I'm almost religious about recording the miles / mpg of my Accord coupe, though I never did for the Navigator ( too depressing? ). I'm going to keep detailed logs of the Civic Hybrid though, since the numbers will amaze me each time.

Almost makes me want to trade the Accord for another HCH II

Old 08-25-2007, 12:13 PM
HypoFueler
Default Re: New Civic Hybrid

Welcome to the site with your HCH2!

I sold off a 96 Jeep XJ and an 99 Accord 4cyl MT to fund my HCH2 - the HCH2 has given me better FE than the two of those combined!

You will probably smile first when you can wait until next weekend to refill instead of the next gas station.